Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a leak in the boating world?

• 24-07-2008 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi Guys,

You have probably all heard or read about the theft of outboards recently. I've just become one of the statistics of boat owners who now has no engine as my brand new Honda BF75 was robbed off the boat last weekend.
    I've posted this info around as many agents / sellers / boatyards as possible to flag this event, to try get my engine back and maybe prevent another one being stolen.

However here's a baffling dilemma.
    I live in Kildare away from the sea or lakes, theres no boat schools nearby, I'm not in a club.
    Not many people even know I have a boat.
    My boat is stored under covers at the back of my house which is away from prying eyes or even passing eyes.
    This was not just a chance theft, no damage to the boat, no fingerprints on the A-Frame or hull.

So how the hell did the boat engine thieves know to come to my house to rob my engine??

Am I being paranoid or is there a leak in the paperwork world of boating?

Be glad to hear your thoughts

Tony:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Someone probably saw you with the boat and came back for it. I've heard a few stories of boats being followed too but this is rare.

Advertisement