Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football this weekend 25->/07/08

• 24-07-2008 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

League of Ireland Premier Division action as the second series nears a close...
    25 Jul 2008 Bohemians :cool:7:45 UCD Dalymount Park
    25 Jul 2008 Galway United 7:45 Derry City Terryland Park
    25 Jul 2008 Shamrock Rovers 7:45 Sligo Rovers Tolka Park
    26 Jul 2008 Cobh Ramblers 7:45 Bray Wanderers St Colman's Park
    27 Jul 2008 Cork City 7:00 St Patrick's Athletic Turner's Cross

What's the betting we draw with UCD again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

24 July Dundalk -v- Monaghan United

25 July Kildare County -v- Shels
    25 July Limerick 37 -v- Wexford Youths
    25 July Waterford Utd -v- Longford Town

26 July Torpedo Franchise -v- Athlone Town

28 July Longford Town -v- Dundalk

Dundalk 1-0 Monaghan after 1 min :(

Dundalk 2 up before Half Time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

3-0, game over. Was to be expected though. Poor oul Monaghan can't travel at all.

Both teams have 10 men too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Great result for Dundalk tonight. Looks like the blip is well and truly over. Pressure back on Shels and Waterford now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

just in from oriel three goals and three pints of rats piss to accompany the goals (pighead ;) gets it ) , two goals for the right back john flanagan , and penalty from Trevez.

We really need a striker though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pighead wrote: »
    Great result for Dundalk tonight. Looks like the blip is well and truly over. Pressure back on Shels and Waterford now.

Go to Longford and win next and we'll make it official. Monaghan at home doesn't count really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

dsmythy wrote: »
    Go to Longford and win next and we'll make it official. Monaghan at home doesn't count really.
    Indeed it doesn't but three wins and a draw away to Shels in our last 4 games is good enough for me.

Doubt Kildare can help us too much tomorrow evening although reckon Longford could be good enough for a draw against Waterford.

Indeed it doesn't but three wins and a draw away to Shels in our last 4 games is good enough for me.

Doubt Kildare can help us too much tomorrow evening although reckon Longford could be good enough for a draw against Waterford.

Has Keith Dunne signed for Kildare yet ?

Pighead , How good for once was David Crawley tonight. I was truly amazed that that one trick pony was jumping hurdles by the end of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

4-5-1, park the bus and hope to God that we don't concede.:o:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Sarge wrote: »
    just in from oriel three goals and three pints of rats piss to accompany the goals (pighead ;) gets it ) , two goals for the right back john flanagan , and penalty from Trevez.

We really need a striker though.

Flanagan is unreal in the air considering he's not tall. All about attacking the ball. He's a great goal contributor throughtout the season.

Like you said, still a little short on quality up front. Mulvenna is the future but i think we need another quality player to help him along.

No pints of rats piss for me unfortunately as i went straight from work and had the car with me..:(

How good for once was David Crawley tonight. I was truly amazed that that one trick pony was jumping hurdles by the end of the game.

Every player has one good game in their career I suppose.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFF!

Des wrote: »
    Every player has one good game in their career I suppose.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFF!

Des , I can tell you that my eyes are bleeding and my fingers gone numb after writing that about David Crawley , I'm one of his biggest critics Des. I will say however if he recaptures the form of 2002 then we will go up. His set pieces are next too none.

I cant believe I wrote that .

All he used to do in Tolka was play these aimless balls from left back to Richie Baker on the right wing, because there was a school of thought that Richie Baker was good in the air, and could take down the hoofs.

No. Didn't work.

I'm actually surprised Crawley isn't hoofing balls from Oriel to United Park for Baker to try and control. :D

Decent free taker though, I'll give him that.

All he used to do in Tolka was play these aimless balls from left back to Richie Baker on the right wing, because there was a school of thought that Richie Baker was good in the air, and could take down the hoofs.

No. Didn't work.

I'm actually surprised Crawley isn't hoofing balls from Oriel to United Park for Baker to try and control. :D

Decent free taker though, I'll give him that.

Maybe he mixed up the two bakers , and that's why were looking at signing Dessie :D , Agreed with the free kicks and corner kicks the distribution from these is worth his place in the team.

Pressure no on Shelbourne big time , Des matter of interest what do you reckon of the sporting fingal been in with a shout as well.

Des matter of interest what do you reckon of the sporting fingal been in with a shout as well.

Meh, they shouldn't even exist as far as I'm concerned. They bring nothing to the league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SectionF wrote: »
    25 Jul 2008 Shamrock Rovers 7:45 Sligo Rovers Tolka Park

It should be no problem, but 3 wins at home in 12 months says it will.

I would say Shamrock and Rovers are about the same level tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Craaaaaaawleeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyy. That Shels Longford game a couple of years ago was great fun.

So difficult to motivate myself to go to bed and get up again to go watch a game against UCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

bohsman wrote: »
    So difficult to motivate myself to go to bed and get up again to go watch a game against UCD.
    Top of the league if we win not good enough for you?

• Advertisement

Yea but its UCD and the chances of a boring 0-0 draw are so likely. Should be a good atmosphere for the rest of the season at least, we'll win the league for Kevin Hunt....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

dfx- wrote: »
    It should be no problem, but 3 wins at home in 12 months says it will.

I fancy a 1-0 if PS sticks with the positive (end) line-up from Monday. Doyler should have another crack too.

I'd say they're about the same club too. :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Indeed, the level above Shels. [/obvious] :)

Rovers 2nd half of attacking players given the freedom to attack with Doyle, Amond, Purcell and Leech with Rice on the pitch would have no problem tonight, but if it's the other, nastier first half against Pats or bad Rovers down in Cork, it's a different story.

stovelid wrote: »
    I'd say they're about the same club too. :p

I wouldn't.

Shamrock.

Rovers

I wouldn't.

Shamrock.

Rovers

Try this:

Shamrock rovers.

Sligo Rovers

'Shamrock' sounds like something people outside of Ireland would call us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I hope thats true (about Longford), but based on recent form,I wouldn't bet on it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Yea but its UCD and the chances of a boring 0-0 draw are so likely.

Not with sharpshooter Matt Gregg on form!

Hopefully it won't be the borefest we're all expecting. Will that new guy we got off galway be playing? Deegan? and is he any use?

Think hes suspended, Longford and Galway fans seem to rate him fairly highly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Longford could be good enough for a draw against Waterford.

I really doubt we are at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Deegan was immense for longford last year. Was amazing for us in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Dare i predict another win for Galway United tonight.:cool:

Bollocks, 1 down after 5 mins:mad:

We are top of the league! O Heary with a header from a corner.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Dare i predict another win for Galway United tonight.:cool:

Ouch, Galway 4-0 down.

Bohs 2-0 up, Brennan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've had enough of Rovers Rovers. It's a boring match.

• Advertisement

Ouch, Galway 4-0 down.

Bohs 2-0 up, Brennan.

Total collapse at Terryland:o
    This will guarentee crap crowds for the next few games.

Waterford 2-0 Longford, half time, not surprised.:(

I've had enough of Rovers Rovers. It's a boring match.

Whole game not much better. Hoops pretty flattered by a one-nil win. Moves us up to seventh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Forza Shelbourne!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hard fought win last night for Shels, Georgescu went off injured after half an hour with what looked like his hamstring, meaning we have one fit forward at the club - Dave Freeman. Impressive enough second half, but we were lost at sea for the first. Monaghan away on Tuesday will be a stern test of resources!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Great game at Dalymount. Brilliant, brilliant performance by Neale Fenn: sheer class. Should have been 4 or 5, but Gregg made some good stops.

That's the first time I've properly enjoyed a game against UCD. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

By all accounts, Cobh were absolutely robbed last night. had a perfectly good goal disallowed. Awarded a penalty in the 82nd minute at 1-1, only for the ref to overturn it after the shamozzle calmed down a minute later. Bray then scored a winner at the death. Colin O Brien and maybe another was sent off after the game. They are not sure!!!

Henderson in his post match interview was said to be close to tears and asked "I wonder why the hell we bother?".

Eventful night at the pit!

carrying on this thread ,

Shelbourne 0 - 2 Monghan

Thats a massive result for dundalk ,and it really is in our hands now.

Another massive result is

Athlone 1 - 1 Waterford.

DUNDALK TOP OF THE LEAGUE !!!!

Also to top a great night off ,

Dundalk awared 250,000 for their youth acadmy building and wait for it

Dessie Baker has Signed for Dundalk now.

Fúcking fúckity fúck fúck.

:mad::mad:

Fúcking fúckity fúck fúck.

:mad::mad:

Muhahhahaha , My god des.

How that game might be the nail in the coffin for you guys.

Muhahhahaha , My god des.

How that game might be the nail in the coffin for you guys.

Plenty of time left in the season, but the nail in our coffin will have been Leeds United's Rui Marquez as far as I'm concerned.

If we don't win this division, I'm taking a flight to Elland Road and taking him out.

:)

Plenty of time left in the season, but the nail in our coffin will have been Leeds United's Rui Marquez as far as I'm concerned.

If we don't win this division, I'm taking a flight to Elland Road and taking him out.

:)

What ever about badly needing money etc but playing friendlies like that mid way through the season with some very important games coming up and then actually fielding a first team squad. Someone has to take responsibility for this Des .

What ever about badly needing money etc but playing friendlies like that mid way through the season with some very important games coming up and then actually fielding a first team squad. Someone has to take responsibility for this Des .

We needed the 60k+, Leeds played for free.

Bisto shouldn't have played though, none of our first team should have played, the Leeds fans wouldn't have known the difference, and we wouldn't have cared.

I cant believe Dundalk are top of the league.
    That is all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement