Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Tomorrow - How did ye get Rid Of the Nerves

Options
  • 24-07-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

As the title suggusts , I have had the last 3 nights sleepless and have the test tomorrow. Have butterflys all day :(:( have it at 12 tomorrow and have a lesson beforehand. how did ye get rid of the nerves??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Try breathing techniques to reduce your anxiety and stress.

With your stomach pushed outwards, breath outwards deeply through your mouth.

Then breath inwards through your nose. Your chest should rise as you breathe inwards.

This breathing technique is part of yoga and other such related martial arts. Repeat as often as necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Cheers lad !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It might also help if you close your eyes to reduce distractions etc. Best of luck with your test.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Being nervous is good. I do martial arts, and what I've been told from the start in gradings is - being nervous is good, it keeps you sharp, but if you're too nervous, you'll start making mistakes/become paranoid. If you're not nervous, then there's a problem. You'll probably not do your best if you're completly calm.

Best of luck in the test. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

rescue remedy is great stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Chakar wrote: »
    It might also help if you close your eyes to reduce distractions
    But not during the test.

The lesson before hand will help get you into the frame of mind for the test.

For me, it was completely messing up a hill start leaving the test centre and assuming i had failed, i just relaxed and drove the rest of the route ;)

Oh, and good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Guys i Failed, So dissapointed after 5 lesson :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭TheElf

Hard luck, just reapply and go again, what sections got ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

uhm.. call me silly or whatever but I think that's not really a lot/enough to even think about it.

I've had that much in my first week of driving. I'm certain that I wouldn't even contemplate a test til after 20 probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

It is different from person to person, i only had 5 lessons and a few mock tests, but i had a good bit of driving experience under my belt out driving with my dad at weekends so that helped a lot. If you feel you're ready and your instructor thinks likewise then you may as well go for your test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Caychadh

Yeah, it depends. There's a difference between 5 pre-test lessons after many years of driving and having never sat in a driving seat before, lashing through 5 lessons and taking a test. (the thought of which makes me, with several hundred thousand lessons under my belt, feel slightly faint)

Advertisement