Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queations about WWE and the RDS

• 24-07-2008 8:31pm

Just something i was wondering, to anyone who went to the WWE Summer Bash Tour (with Steve Austin reffing a triple threat between Angle, JoBL and Cena)

... What did you guys think of it? Did you love it? Hate it? Great experience but the show was crap? Great show but you didnt particularly have a great day at it?

Just always been curious to hear what other people thought of it.

Also for people who weren't at it, do you reckon WWE will ever come back and do the RDS again?

If they did.. What kinda show would you like to see (RAW? SmackDown!? TV Taping? etc.), and if they had another big name at it (Like Austin) who would you like to see? (realistically).

Just been curious :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think that it was the first time that I saw Eddie Guerrero. I'm probably wrong about that, was he on the Smackdown show in the point where JBL bet up Cena? Either way, I was still looking forward to seeing Eddie a lot

Definitely the first time that I saw Austin, it's nice to be able to say that you saw him I suppose. I really liked JBL at the time too. For me it was more about the experience than the event I think. None of the matches stand out. Not many people get to see an outdoors WWE show either

I doubt that they'll go back to the RDS. The Point will be a top class arena when it reopens and they'll probably just stick with that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

The O2 Dublin general seating chart:

12064s.gif

I think it would be quite hard to fit a WWE event there. Dublin is due an event. I'm getting bored going up to Belfast every few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just something i was wondering, to anyone who went to the WWE Summer Bash Tour (with Steve Austin reffing a triple threat between Angle, JoBL and Cena)

... What did you guys think of it? Did you love it? Hate it? Great experience but the show was crap? Great show but you didnt particularly have a great day at it?

I've been to three shows over here (2 Smackdown and 1 Raw) and to me it was the least satisfying. It started off cool with the video message from Vince but man was that card weak. Orlando vs Heydenreich was one match. 'Nuff said. The seating area annoyed me too. The seats I had weren't as good as the other shows I was at.

The main event was good though. I wasn't a big fan of Cena at that time (shock horror!) and so I was delighted to see him get the stunner from Austin. Some friends of mine got close to Austin and got his beer splashed on them. :pac:
    Fozzy wrote: »
    I think that it was the first time that I saw Eddie Guerrero. I'm probably wrong about that, was he on the Smackdown show in the point where JBL bet up Cena? Either way, I was still looking forward to seeing Eddie a lot

I'm pretty sure he tagged with Rey against MNM on that show because I remember I was out getting a drink and snacks and I missed Melina's entrance and Eddie's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think that it was the first time that I saw Eddie Guerrero. I'm probably wrong about that, was he on the Smackdown show in the point where JBL bet up Cena?

Yep the time I saw him, he tagged with Rey against MNM. It was a really good match too.

I'm pretty sure he tagged with Rey against MNM on that show because I remember I was out getting a drink and snacks and I missed Melina's entrance and Eddie's!

Just looking at the results here, I was at the first night, no Eddie. He wrestled on the second night against MNM alright. No Mysterio either, and they weren't on the Raw show the same night. I wonder why that was

• Advertisement

Reading back on a post from this forum, Eddie was on the show I was at, in a six-man tag, but it wasn't listed on the site I read the results from for some reason. Still, Eddie was who I was most looking forward to seeing at the RDS

Reading back on a post from this forum, Eddie was on the show I was at, in a six-man tag, but it wasn't listed on the site I read the results from for some reason. Still, Eddie was who I was most looking forward to seeing at the RDS

I remember he swaggered out with this look of disdain at the RDS but I, and everyone around me, was cheering him like crazy. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Divas match is always p1ss break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I went to the show, remember the seats on the ground were terrible. Half the time there was kids holding up signs and ya couldn't see, remember everyone standing on seats for the main event though. Can't see them doing an event there again.
    June 18, 2005--Live Event (SD! crew) in Dublin, Ireland: Vince McMahon played a taped messege talking about how the McMahon name got started in Ireland

Paul London b Billy Kidman to retain the Cruiserweight title
    The Big Show b Carlito Cool
    Sho Funaki b Chavo Guerrero
    Orlando Jordan b John Heidenreich to retain the United States title
    MNM (Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro w/Melina) b Booker T & Hardcore Holly to retain the Tag Team titles (Torrie Wilson showed up after the match and had a catfight with Melina)
    Rey Mysterio b Eddie Guerrero
    Matt Morgan b Mark Jindrak
    John Cena b John Bradshaw Layfield and Kurt Angle in a 3-WAY to retain the WWE title with Steve Austin as the referee

I think the highlight for me was meeting a few of the roster outside their hotel the morning after the show as they were leaving for the airport. I remember just being in awe as Eddie walked past...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Hated that show there was good talent and some decent matches but all the floor seats were at the same level so you couldnt see **** with the people infront

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

For some reason I remember him working against Rey at the RDS show I was at. I remember being thoroughly underwhelmed by the whole thing. I've since ben to ROH several times and NOAH live and they both knocked the socks off any WWE house shoe I've attended. I don't think I'd go again.

flahavaj wrote: »
    For some reason I remember him working against Rey at the RDS show I was at. I remember being thoroughly underwhelmed by the whole thing. I've since ben to ROH several times and NOAH live and they both knocked the socks off any WWE house shoe I've attended. I don't think I'd go again.

I don't recall being blown away by any of the matches I've seen live. I was very impressed by a match involving Trish and Victoria at a Raw show I was at but can't think of anything other than that.

I think on house shows they tend to do the mimimum amount required. I do however remember being really surprised by John Cena juicing on the house show in the Point which set up the RDS match with Austin as ref.

I remember remarking to my friend that I didn't expect Cena to do that to get the angle over. At the time I didn't like him all that much but I admired him for doing that. I don't think many guys would be willing to bleed to get an angle over in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Best WWE house show was the 2006 SD one

Main Evented by: Undertaker, Kane and Batista Vs King Booker,Kennedy and a very out of shape JBL

575838656a2552907370b351290779l.jpg

575838656a2552323268b291517443l.jpg

575838656a2552467553b865252648l.jpg

EdK wrote: »
    Best WWE house show was the 2006 SD one

Main Evented by: Undertaker, Kane and Batista Vs King Booker,Kennedy and a very out of shape JBL

575838656a2552907370b351290779l.jpg

575838656a2552323268b291517443l.jpg

575838656a2552467553b865252648l.jpg

That was an awesome show alright. JBL was excellent on the mic. Three of them played fantastic heels that time.

AKINGivegotsomeofthatsigngome.jpg

Why doesn't Kane get pyro anymore? he got it for the RAW Tour Of Defiance (when they first started coming over again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I always thought the sun shined out of Batista's arse, guess I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

The RDS show was really poor in my opinion. It says a lot when outside of the main event, some of the best reactions were for Heidenriech (I'll be your friend) and Hardcore Holly (or maybe that was just my mate Al).

That said seeing Austin was amazing.

I think it was just after a draft aswell when Angle and Cena had been drafted to Raw so people weren't sure if they would show as advertised.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    The RDS show was really poor in my opinion. It says a lot when outside of the main event, some of the best reactions were for Heidenriech (I'll be your frienid) and Hardcore Holly (or maybe that was just my mate Al).

That said seeing Austin was amazing.

I think it was just after a draft aswell when Angle and Cena had been drafted to Raw so people weren't sure if they would show as advertised.

i also remember holly been seriously over why i do not know. the show was pretty much a waste of money(except for austin). i would have thought they would have used the screens over the ring to show the match on that so other people could see. i remember i missed most of the eddie/Rey match because when they went to the outside of the ring everyone just stud up and i couldnt see the rest of the match.

i also remember holly been seriously over why i do not know. the show was pretty much a waste of money(except for austin). i would have thought they would have used the screens over the ring to show the match on that so other people could see. i remember i missed most of the eddie/Rey match because when they went to the outside of the ring everyone just stud up and i couldnt see the rest of the match.

Did they only use that for Mcmahon? Or did they play titantron movies over them too? If they didm would anyone have a picture of the screen with something on it?

:o

Did they only use that for Mcmahon? Or did they play titantron movies over them too? If they didm would anyone have a picture of the screen with something on it?

They played the entrance videos on it as well.

I have a few pics from the show somewhere, think I have one of Vince on the screen, and possibly some shots of the videos. Will have a look tomorrow and post em up.

They had the entrance videos on them. A lot of bad ones I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

like most WWE house shows the rds show was pretty horrible. all i remember from the night was the big crowd and the fact that our seats were doublebooked and taken when we arrived ffs so about 10 of us had to kneel down the whole show next to the barrier because they could not get seats for us

one of my younger friends got some of austin beer cans after the match which at the time was a huge deal for him

after the rds and wm24 i don't think i will attend another outside WWE show again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I can remember my friend got tickets, and asked me if i'd wanna go, so obviously i did... :p

He told me we were in row F seats 33 and 34, (If your taking score thats 6 rows back) so i was pretty excited, but when we got there (as it was the box office), We realised it was for the Angelesa Stand :mad::mad:

So we trundle up to the stand and at first i just wanted to go home. But the atmosphere was, to borrow a phrase, ELECTRIC! Everything had a buzz about it, people going around in costumes of Road warriors, Taker, Mankind, Kane, and then some guy with a stupidly oversized cowboy hat!

So as we were being welcomed to the show, were told that there is a "Direct satellite link up to Connecticut.... :eek: (oh how naive i was...)

So vinny mac comes "live" and instantly he gets heat, but after everyone realizes its a taped segment they get even more pissed, but wait, whats that, he mentioned "The homeland?!" Wow wow wow!

The show kicks off and now THAT was cool!....

Unfortunately the next hour half wasnt as notable!

It amazes me to hear all you guys who had "floor" seats say they were bad, i thought I had a bad seat, could see everything, just kinda small, but the worse thing about it was the crowd was DEAD!
    It might as well have been a crowd watching Funaki and Chavo.... lol

But no, they were all dead, i jumped when i seen Angle, Benoit and Austin, but not one other person shared my enthusiasm! :(

All in all i thought it was something different, something more better than a house show, but match wise it was nothing stand outish.

Also, Does anyone remember the amount of heat JBL was drawing?!

BTW: KKVs pic is awsome, does anyone remember that show? Or in particular THAT moment?
    Few kids beside us had batista and taker signs, and booker comes over, right in front of them, takes them and rips them up, and throws the pieces around! Classic :)

It amazes me to hear all you guys who had "floor" seats say they were bad, i thought I had a bad seat, could see everything, just kinda small, but the worse thing about it was the crowd was DEAD!

Least you could see though! Trouble with the floor seats was a lot of the younger fans were on their father's shoulders and if you were a few seats back behind them, a la me, that was a problem. As Carlito would say, 'Das not cooool'.

JBL was funny on the mic though. I forgot about that. He was good entertainment on both shows I must say. One of the Raw shows I was at, no one spoke at all besides Lillian. I felt that took away from it.

I don't see why they don't. Just a few seconds of stuff would be better than nothing.

i jumped when i seen Angle, Benoit and Austin

Benoit wasn't at the Summer Bash :pac:

But i agree about the SmackDown! show in the point with JBL tearing up kids signs.

As for the bash, I actually got pretty good seats, but i queued up and earned them! Anyway, I was third row, but because of the layout, there weren't actually any chairs in front of me. But, whist there was nothing in front of me, i was still third row distance from the ring. Luckily though, the security guy that was in front of me asked my friend if he'd take pictures of the show for him (as he cant do it while doing security). So he practically reserved a spot at the barrier for the two of us. It was awesome.Ironically enough, every WWE show i've went to since then, i've met and talked to that same security guy. He's helped me out a lot actually :)

I have a question, probably better off to ask somewhere else, but Boards.ie has too man boards to mooch in, so i'll just ask here anyway, does anyone know if its possible to get negatives off photos put onto a CD or digitalised (thats not a real word, but it sounds good). I didn't have a digital camera at the time, sadly :( but id love to have copies of the pictures to keep and store on my PC.

I have a question, probably better off to ask somewhere else, but Boards.ie has too man boards to mooch in, so i'll just ask here anyway, does anyone know if its possible to get negatives off photos put onto a CD or digitalised (thats not a real word, but it sounds good). I didn't have a digital camera at the time, sadly :( but id love to have copies of the pictures to keep and store on my PC.

It's definitely possible. If you were looking to get more photos printed out from the negatives they'd scan them into a computer first anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I absolutely hated this show, it was such a letdown compared to Smackdown in the Point earlier in the year. Heidenreich the potential kiddy fiddler in the ring was embarrassing to watch, Rey/Eddie spent most of their time on the floor on the opposite side of the ring to where i was sitting which didn't help either, and no monitors except for entrance videos, which i thought was a little poor given the capacity of the venue.

I swore blind that i'd never attend another WWE house show again after that. RAW in 04 was awesome, Wrestlemania Revenge was solid, but Summerbash put me off completely.

A wretched show of epic proportions!
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I remember enjoying this show, even if the card was trash. Points I mainkly remember was giving out to Kidamn on his entrance and heeled it up shoutiong back at me "I'll kick your ass man...." etc.

Also, at the end of the show, my buddy, stood next to me, caught Austins beer soaked T Shirt.

Like Flahavaj said above, after seeing a few other promotions live, I don't think I would bother with a WWE house show again (unless it was in Cork.). If there was a big show I would though.

My fiancee still has one of Austin's crunched up Coors Light cans.
    I don't have the heart to throw it out, she'd probably murder me if I did.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

What show were the bashams at? I thought it was the RDS one.

From what I remember I enjoyed the show. Was up in the Anglesea stand ... .however, my seat had a bolt right in the middle of it, and there was a pole pretty much straight in my line of vision, so my seat was essentially restricted viewing. (had to lean to see matches). Should probably have kicked up a fuss.

the show itself I really enjoyed, although I thought it lost some of the atmosphere of an indoor show.

• Advertisement

Here are some pics of the screen in use, aren't too good though as they were taken on a disposable.

McMahon on screen
    Summerbash01.jpg

Carlito entrance
    Summerbash02.jpg

Austin
    Summerbash03.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Awsome pics dude.

I forgot the canape over the ring was that big! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kelator

My fiancee still has one of Austin's crunched up Coors Light cans.

Austin drinks coors light:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

kelator wrote: »
    Austin drinks coors light:eek:

The trucks he has driven to ringside should have clued you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kelator

Ye but in Ireland you would think he would do like 99% of any semi-famous person and had a Guiness

kelator wrote: »
    Ye but in Ireland you would think he would do like 99% of any semi-famous person and had a Guiness

But Guinness isn't beer?
    Also you ever drink Guinness out of a can? It's rank! It needs to come from draught, and even the cans of draught Guinness isn't the same as it being pulled from a tap.

Back on topic. Austin has been on light beers for years, Sure look at Wrestlemania X8 when it was in Canada, there's Molson beer in the background, that stuff is fairly lightweight too, in fact i've drank it once. It's piss water.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

But Guinness isn't beer?
    Also you ever drink Guinness out of a can? It's rank! It needs to come from draught, and even the cans of draught Guinness isn't the same as it being pulled from a tap..

Austin supping on a Guinness would be the greatest post match ever.

Back on topic. Austin has been on light beers for years, Sure look at Wrestlemania X8 when it was in Canada, there's Molson beer in the background, that stuff is fairly lightweight too, in fact i've drank it once. It's piss water.

Yeah the vast majority of Wrestlers drink light beer as they have too watch their weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

got ringside seats for this. qeued overnight at Stephen's Green to get them. Thought it was a pretty cool event. ****ty card, I know but was a different experience seein it outdoors. Ha, I got one of Austin's Coors Light cans aswell... still have it on a shelf at home. Have some great photos at home somewhere. Ye, and props to Cena for getting busted open at the Point a few months before to set up for the main event at Summer Bash. I couldnt believe it when I saw it. I remember kids crying their eyes out as a helpless cena got busted open and left a mess by angle, jbl and co.

I remember kids crying their eyes out as a helpless cena got busted open and left a mess by angle, jbl and co.

Even then, we were marking out like bastards when that happened, the look of confusion of kids faces when we were cheering on Angle was priceless.

VR!

I believe that was the night when the audience started battling each other with

"Lets go Cena!"

"Cena Sucks!"

"Lets go Cena!"

"Cena Sucks!"

etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Shaneomac

In general thought the RDS show wasnt great in comparison to the Benoit V Kane main evented Raw show the previous year in the point. All the kids standing on their seats didnt help. Still it was my only time to this date seeing Austin live albeit not in the ring and glad I seen Eddie before he croked it so the show wasnt completly ****. Anyone get a t-shirt from Torrie Wilson?

• Advertisement

Shaneomac wrote: »
    In general thought the RDS show wasnt great in comparison to the Benoit V Kane main evented Raw show the previous year in the point.

That match sucked, but Shawn v HHH was great, and the end of Cade/Rhyno had people on their edge of their seats.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pabsi1983

Overall, i wasn't too overly impressed. There were some positives to it though.

Of the 3 WWE events i went to in 2004-05, i thought JBL/Cena/Angle was the best of the main events (just ever the slightest over Benoit v HHH in 2004). I think i was part of an alternating chant of JBL and Angle - whoever was beating Cena up at the time, which was cool. It was great to see Austin and the post-match bit was brilliant. Saying that the rest of the card wasnt up too much. In fact, i can remember the Raw show in 2004 more easily than this one.

Eddie v Rey could have been better in the 2nd last match.

Being in the aisle-side seats were a bonus. I was shocked seeing the Big Show in person for the 1st time and just how huge he was. I got some great pics of Melina as she passed by but unfortunately lost them at a later date. And finally, i finally fulfilled my childhood dream of tagging wrestlers as the came to the ring. For me it was Paul London (with his crusierweight belt) and Hardcore Holly. Something to tell the grandkids about, i suppose :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

That match sucked, but Shawn v HHH was great, and the end of Cade/Rhyno had people on their edge of their seats.

VR!

Ah yes,Cade doing the jumping jacks getting major heat...only to be nailed by the GORE GORE GORE!! :)

Advertisement