Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Take Out Food In Blanch

Options
  • 24-07-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

would like to hear your views on the best take out food in Blanch - all tastes and dishes welcome.

personally i like a good Indian or good pizza.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Ming Gardens do a savage Yuk Sung....

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭MadHatter

Thai Garden on Church Ave is an excellent restaurant and they do takeaway - I think a 15% discount on the (already reasonable) menu prices. It's a little more expensive than your average takeaway, but worth it in my opinion.

Not sure if you can phone in your order - I'd normally just call in, order and wait the 15 or so mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Trio and half a portion of chicken balls from Host on the Clonsilla Road is the business.

Has to be Apache for pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yeah I like Host. Also the Thai Garden.

For Indian food I goto Clonee to Delhi Darbar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Slightly out of the way, but Papa Luigi is the best pizza place around Blanch IMO.
    Also a fan of Etzen in Clonee for chinese food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Shimla Clonsilla, savage :)

An I second the Thai Garden

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Not really a take away but Marks and Spencers crispy cooked rashers, chicken and stuffing sambos, lamb shanks in gravy,thinly sliced ox tongue,cheese scones.................Also The Carpenters carvary............and Superquinns own pates............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:p

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Lets Eat In or the Thai Garden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

+1 for Shimla in Clonsilla village, 20% discount for take out. As for pizza it has to be Don Lorenzos in Clonsilla village too. And for chipper, Romayos, in clonsilla too! Great kebabs. Any of the chippers around Blanch village are good too. Try the Paddy burger from the one beside the Bank of Ireland. A burger with all the trimings of a kebab! It's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭timbel

Ravellos restaurant in clonsilla also do take away.
    the pizza is excellent

• Advertisement

timbel wrote: »
    Ravellos restaurant in clonsilla also do take away.
    the pizza is excellent

very nice pizza alright and the give out a shot of limoncello or Sambuca after your meal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Being a big fan of Indian food i must admit i'm very impressed with Rangoli in Clonee Village, really, really good food.
    Dont eat pizza or chips so cant comment on them, but can also highly recommend the Thai Garden on Church Street in Blanchardstown Village.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Being a big fan of Indian food/QUOTE]

your should try jaipur in ongar then

http://jaipur.ie/location/?locate=mnj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I find Jaipur (Ongar) a little more tame with its food compared to other Indians. I was there recently and it was nice and I think its a good spot to bring people in they are not sure about Indian food.

This talk of Indian food has got me hungry !

Yeah I found Juipur a bit tame, and a bit expensive too. Isnt there an Indian place over Bradys?

+1 for Shimla in Clonsilla village, 20% discount for take out. As for pizza it has to be Don Lorenzos in Clonsilla village too. And for chipper, Romayos, in clonsilla too! Great kebabs. Any of the chippers around Blanch village are good too. Try the Paddy burger from the one beside the Bank of Ireland. A burger with all the trimings of a kebab! It's lovely!

Ah crap, ment Ravellos not Don Lorenzos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,297 ✭✭✭✭DvB

oblivious wrote: »
    DvB wrote: »
    Being a big fan of Indian food/QUOTE]

http://jaipur.ie/location/?locate=mnj

Already have, being a vindaloo man i found their dishes a little too 'tame' for my liking TBH, was very tasty, just not enough 'zest' for me:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

DvB wrote:

They don't do take away though, or do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

No take-away from Jaipur. Sit down meals only.

ongarite wrote: »

They have offered there dishes for take away before, i would don't think they would turn away the business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Abrakebabra and pronto pizza all the way! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

ongarite wrote: »

They do take away now. Got the Take out menu a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Darios chipper in the coolmine ind estate i feel is the best chipper in the area and Mazzones ( spel ) for pizzas. Thats also in the ind estate near fast fit.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've got flyers in the door for Dario's. Is it delivery only or is there an actual takeaway shop that you can go to yourself?

Ye, you can walk into it. Its where i go all the time. The Chinese take-away in mountview ( CHUNGS ) is one of the best in the area and people ring up from all over D15.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cymro wrote: »
    Ye, you can walk into it. Its where i go all the time.

Must try there sometime, because the one in Clonsilla village isn't all that great, imo. Can't say I've ever noticed Dario's though, whereabouts in the industrial estate is it?

On the left as you come in off the clonsilla road, across the road from the decor place. You go in and place your order with the girl on the phones.

oblivious wrote: »
    They have offered there dishes for take away before, i would don't think they would turn away the business

Was in there couple of weeks back and there was people getting take away. More than was sitting in the place :P

And Chungs is not the best Chinese, Foo lok and Hung Wun are way nicer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Kavinsky

There's a new chinese takeaway behind dunnes in ongar, dunno what it's called but they do really good food. I've a chinese friend and he says it's more "authentic" chinese food than most of the takeaways around here. Try the crispy salt & chilli prawns mmmm..

• Advertisement

Was in there couple of weeks back and there was people getting take away. More than was sitting in the place :P

And Chungs is not the best Chinese, Foo lok and Hung Wun are way nicer.

In my opinion it is anyway as its down to personal prefrence.

As for sit in chinese, The Ming court above xtravision in blanch centre is top notch in my opinion.

Advertisement