Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Take Out Food In Blanch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Kavinsky wrote: »
    There's a new chinese takeaway behind dunnes in ongar, dunno what it's called but they do really good food. I've a chinese friend and he says it's more "authentic" chinese food than most of the takeaways around here. Try the crispy salt & chilli prawns mmmm..

Yes tried The 3 Kings take away there recently and it was lovely. They are more Asian food then Chinese. I had a ran dang curry which I loved and Singapore noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

well, I'm a dominos pizza man myself and yesterday with the floods I decided to go to Ongar to get a couple. The base is slightly different than Laurel Lodge (my normal one) and the pizza was nicer IMO. I know they should be identical being a chain but anyway, that's my $0.02-Ongar Dominos ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

Pizza - Apache Pizza
    Chinese - Host
    Chipper - Macari's (Carpenterstown)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Suzywuzy wrote: »
    Chipper - Macari's (Carpenterstown)

Ah very nice after few pint in the carp:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Not really Blanch per say, but Clonee:

- Indian: As a newbie to Indian food, I must say I really enjoyed my meal in Rangoli, main street Clonee. Very tasty and the early bird is very reasonable.

- Chinese: Have been a fan of Eatzen since it opened, eaten both in the restaurant and had take away. Undecided about it now, loved it at the start but the last couple of take aways I've had there were just average rather than anything special. Can't quite put my finger on it, the food quality just doesn't seem as good as it was at the start.

- Chipper: Macaris in Clonee. The other one in the village is a poor imitation.

I'm getting hungry now..... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Abrakebabra and pronto pizza all the way! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Have to say I'm a fan of Pronto Pizza.

Where is Darios chipper in the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

See page 2.
    Mazzonis pizza is across the road from it ( down the side road ) next to fast fit. The irish breakfast pizzas are magical mmmmmmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭supaburger

for pizza la terrazza could be the best
    all depends who is making it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Pizza- that place in Clonsilla beside Romayos. Though for some strange reason the 9 inch is always nicer than the larger pizza :confused: Mizonnis, Dominos are decent. Godfathers Tyrellstown used to be sh1te but have improved lately, more toppings given and less grease.

Burgers/fish: Ginos in the village is the business.

Not in D15 per say, but if you find yourself able to stop on the way through Dunshaughlin, Pizza Mia up the Dublin side of town is without a doubt the best pizza in Ireland (well, was at least, I havent passed through bar the bus in a good year now, been ages since I had some. Bring on this motorway and quick, hopefully they might deliver if D`Shaughlin is only 10 odd mins down the road :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

supaburger wrote: »
    for pizza la terrazza could be the best
    all depends who is making it

Maybe for pizza but I'll be avoiding there for a while. Found a hair in my lasagne last week!! Oh and they seem to have gotten rid of their lunch menu as they were charging evening prices at 1 on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Came across this article http://www.dublinpeople.com/content/view/1162/55/ recently. Right at the very last paragraph it mentions Salvetta's in Corduff.

Anyone ever try 'em?

Have you ever tried the Pizza's that you get at the Hot Food Deli counter at Dunne's in the Centre. Just gorgerous hmmm, slurp, slurp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Came across this article http://www.dublinpeople.com/content/view/1162/55/ recently. Right at the very last paragraph it mentions Salvetta's in Corduff.

Anyone ever try 'em?

Have you ever tried the Pizza's that you get at the Hot Food Deli counter at Dunne's in the Centre. Just gorgerous hmmm, slurp, slurp.

I live more or less beside it an never bothered with it.Used to call it greasy carmines back in the school days,obviously before the name change.

Had some from it ages ago and seemed to be nothing special, might try em out an see whats changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Jaipur in Ongar is very very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 liamfortune76

i rang a take away from rangoli last night for the first and last time. (ill stick with delhi darbar from now on not one issue in 3 years service). i ordered 3 mains and two starters from rangoli. delivery came 50 mins later, minus one main and pilau rice and two soups that i did not order that spilt on my order. i rang them about the missing food which was sent out 50 mins later. while we waited we decided to eat the food. it was cold and bland. by far the worst indian food i have ever eaten.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

poindexter, I've deleted your post. Given that you've mentioned that you deliver Chinese in another thread, your impartiality is somewhat questionable. Any more shilling in this forum and you'll be banned permanently, ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

The best indian is the one beside Brady's pub, the best pizza is Pronto, no question about it. The best chinese is the ming court but i have to say the garden house is not without its charms. And while we do like macaris in carpenterstown, gulio's in mullhudart is closer to us, we live in clonsilla, and beats romayos hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The best indian is the one beside Brady's pub

Where they not issued with a closure notice a few years ago over over food safety issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The best indian is the one beside Brady's pub, the best pizza is Pronto, no question about it. The best chinese is the ming court but i have to say the garden house is not without its charms.

I'd have to disagree about the Indian, Jaipur is much better. The one above Bradys used to eb decent when run by a former head Chef of Jaipur but he's long gone and now it's only ok. However Jaipur in Ongar is a bit special.
    And the Aurora restuarant in Tyrrelstown is great too, the take away ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

Gino's.beutifual fish and chips,theres nowhere else with any nice food,blanch is lacking in food departmeny,gowan Dublin 7

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭ellie1

hung wun in roselawn..............its yum!!!!

• Advertisement

The best indian is the one beside Brady's pub, the best pizza is Pronto, no question about it. The best chinese is the ming court but i have to say the garden house is not without its charms. And while we do like macaris in carpenterstown, gulio's in mullhudart is closer to us, we live in clonsilla, and beats romayos hands down
    Comment deleted.if I find a link will add. On mobile at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Folks please be careful about suggesting that restaurants have a poor health record unless you can back it up with facts or a link to the source of your info. Otherwise this thread may have to close.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

ciaran76 wrote: »

Cheers Ciaran76.

Note though that my warning was directed not just to you specifically but to all posters on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That was two years ago, I very much doubt they would be still open for business if the issues had not be rectified.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    That was two years ago, I very much doubt they would be still open for business if the issues had not be rectified.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Pat Dunne wrote: »

Anyone ever try 'em?

Salvetta's is lovely - I order from there quite a bit. They have this chicken burger thing where they cut a chicken fillet up and place it in ciabatta like bun with sauce and lettuce. *drroool*.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭dubdec99

Only in the area about two weeks, but I tried the take away from Jaipur in Ongar village and it was really bloody good, there were three of us and each of our different dishes were very tasty....I was passing by Jaipur last night and it looked fairly empty (probably the norm for a tuesday night?) but based on the takeaway i'll definitely have to book a table there next....

Also, I have tried the mizzoni's pizzas and have no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Does anyone know if Shimla is back open yet? It's my favourite Indian by a mile and I'm lost without it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It was still closed when I was up that way last Thursday.

Advertisement