Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Take Out Food In Blanch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'd definitely recommend the Indian above Brady's (think it's called Surya??) I read the comments saying it had been shut down a few years ago, but I only started going there about 6 months ago and it is the best Indian food I've ever had. Not a great atmosphere and a bit gaudy decor, but great food. Especially the Rhan E Sikhandari, my favourite Indian dish, can't seem to get it anywhere else! I've only ever eaten in there though, but I'm sure the takeaway is up to the same standard!

And +1,000,000 on Thai Gardens. Yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

On the topic of cooking rice... would it not be easier to buy a rice cooker?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Is Shimla still closed does anyone know???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'd definitely recommend the Indian above Brady's (think it's called Surya??) I read the comments saying it had been shut down a few years ago, but I only started going there about 6 months ago and it is the best Indian food I've ever had.

We used to love it but it got shut down again last year. One second chance is all they got so no more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

When I'm in Dublin I generally go to Host for Chinese (mmmm honey ribs), Ravellos for pizza (their garlic bread is horrible) and Darios or Romayos for chipper. There is so much choice in Dublin 15. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

u should spread your wings further than clonsilla village.dublin 15 is a big place:P

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

janeybabe wrote: »
    When I'm in Dublin I generally go to Host for Chinese (mmmm honey ribs), Ravellos for pizza (their garlic bread is horrible) and Darios or Romayos for chipper. There is so much choice in Dublin 15. :)

u should spread you wings further than clonsilla village,dublin 15 is a big place,ev:P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

peteypop wrote: »
    u should spread you wings further than clonsilla village,dublin 15 is a big place,ev:P

Not up to me, I don't live there. I am merely visiting.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

peteypop wrote: »

True, but the food would be cold by the time you get home with it if you went further afield. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

My personal favourite is the chinese take out place in Hartstown next to Eurospar. Their chicken fried rice is soooo good. I'm salivating just thinking about it. I always get the cfr and prawn crackers and use the crackers like wee bowls to eat the cfr with. Whenever I get food out of any other chinese, I always feel vaguely dissapointed. It may be just because I'm so accustomed to the place in hartstown but its a personal fave.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

My favourites:
    Garden House for a Chicken Curry
    Romayo's for a chipper.

Haven't really discovered a great pizza place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Hung Wun for Chinese for me, get a Chicken Curry almost every week ;).

And, for Pizza, eat in or take out, has to be Ravello's hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rax75

Can't believe no one has mentioned Spice Heaven in Coolmine! They are one of the best indian take aways in Dublin 15 or anywhere for that matter! They are also one of the only indians that include rice in the price of a main course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Yeah spice Heaven is very reasonable, with rice being included and all, and they are nice to deal with, very polite. But the quality of there dishes veries constantly.
    I ordered Chicken Madras last week and again this week but the one I ordered this week bared no resemblance to the one I ordered last week, in looks, consistancy or taste. There must be more than one chef around there. But a Madras should be a Madras etc.

Not bad all the same. I haven't yet tried out Jaipur. I phoned them last Monday and they dont do take outs on Mondays:confused:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Randwick

Hi guys, i'm new to the area and fancy a tasty indian later :pac:

Do the ones in clonee deliver to corduff, was gonna try the delhi darbar..

Cheers :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

cymro wrote: »
    Ye, you can walk into it. Its where i go all the time. The Chinese take-away in mountview ( CHUNGS ) is one of the best in the area and people ring up from all over D15.

+1 I love their curry sauce it's very addictive and their breast of chicken is always really succulent and big portions :p

Thanks, now I'll have to take a detour on my way home this evening :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I fondly remember Chungs burger boxes from when I was a kid and I thought curry was yucky. Must try them again! (not the burger box)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭bananabunch

Just drove past Shimlas, lights were on, my car screeched to a halt and my boyf wound down the window, asked the guy outside if they were open and he said in a couple of days. :D Hope it's as good as before, really missed this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Pizza - Pronto Pizza

Chinese - The Host

Chipper - Romayos

Indian - Jaipur

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Just drove past Shimlas, lights were on, my car screeched to a halt and my boyf wound down the window, asked the guy outside if they were open and he said in a couple of days. :D Hope it's as good as before, really missed this place.

Thanks for the update.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hurray Hurray!!!

Hope it is the same owner/chef as before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do Pronto ever do any special offers like 2for1 etc like Dominos and the like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Random wrote: »
    Do Pronto ever do any special offers like 2for1 etc like Dominos and the like ?

Dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Shimla is back open. I think it re-opened on Thursday night.
    I ate there last Saturday, and it was delicious as always.
    It's good to have it back!

Thats good to hear.
    Do they still do Take Aways.

If they do I'm getting one tonight.:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

suey71 wrote: »
    Do they still do Take Aways.
    Yep, there were a good few going out the door on Saturday!

Well I got a Take Away from Shimla last night.

And.

The prices are shockingly low.

I got 1 Chicken Madras, 1 Pilau Rice and 1 Nan, for a princely sum of €10.41.

I had to collect it myself but for that price who cares.

I had to go to Romayo's for my wife's TakeAway.

Now sadly for the criticism.

The rice was lovely but the Madras had no flavour and the Nan tasted strange/bad, but very fresh. My stomach is in a heap today but hey, its Indian, a natural diaretic:D.

Would it stop me from buying a TakeAway there again? No. I just wont get a chicken Madras next time. They have a huge menu so there'll be plenty to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Luttrell1975

Well I got a Take Away from Shimla last night.

And.

The prices are shockingly low.

I got 1 Chicken Madras, 1 Pilau Rice and 1 Nan, for a princely sum of €10.41.

I had to collect it myself but for that price who cares.

I had to go to Romayo's for my wife's TakeAway.

Now sadly for the criticism.

The rice was lovely but the Madras had no flavour and the Nan tasted strange/bad, but very fresh. My stomach is in a heap today but hey, its Indian, a natural diaretic:D.

Would it stop me from buying a TakeAway there again? No. I just wont get a chicken Madras next time. They have a huge menu so there'll be plenty to choose from.

Thats a shame. You should tell them. If its the same owners they will give you a replacement meal. Even if its a couple of days later.

I'll put it down to teething problems and hope for the best.

I'm awfully afraid to complain about food to a takeaway or Restaraunt for obvious reasons:rolleyes:.

They really should do a delivery service and promote the fact that they do Takeaways more aggresively, ie. menues in your door every 2 months etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I'll put it down to teething problems and hope for the best.

I'm awfully afraid to complain about food to a takeaway or Restaraunt for obvious reasons:rolleyes:.

They really should do a delivery service and promote the fact that they do Takeaways more aggresively, ie. menues in your door every 2 months etc.

How Shimla stays in business has always been a mystery to me! Anytime I pass by I seldom see anyone eating or waiting for food. It's a bit odd that the mamagement didn't put on any promotions to say "we're back in business".

Since it originally opened I can only ever recall just one leaflet coming through the letterbox. It's a bit strange considering the volumes of leaflets that regularly come through our door from the other take aways and restaurants in the D15 and Clonee area.

Advertisement