Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Take Out Food In Blanch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

I'm so happy Shimla is open again, I'll have to treat myself when the turkey is gone!!
    Pat Dunne wrote: »
    How Shimla stays in business has always been a mystery to me! Anytime I pass by I seldom see anyone eating or waiting for food. It's a bit odd that the mamagement didn't put on any promotions to say "we're back in business".

I think they must survive on take-aways because if u sit in it is empty but there are always people in and out for takeaways. It is strange they don't advertise, word of mouth must be good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Well, I got another takeaway last night and it was a lot nicer.

I got Garlic Chicken Bhuna, Pilau rice, a starter Chicken Tikka and Nan bread. This came to €17.85:eek::eek::eek:.

They charged me for the rice even though the last time it was included in the price of the main dish and they didn't give me the 20% off discount you get when you by take out, as advertised.

They held back the reciept when I was paying, I just realised when I got home that I got done.:mad:.

This was 10pm. last night and not a sinner in the place.

I'd say its down to the 4 overflowing wheely bins outside the door.

I won't be going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

CHUNGS, man i used to love that place, until I found a spider in my prawn crackers :( yes, it was dead, and yes it was years ago, but i still cant get over it :( havent found another chinese like it since. Dont like the one in hartstown beside eurospar, dont find there to be any taste in their curry dishes, there sweet chili shredded chicken is the business though. Hung wun is OK, wouldnt be mad on it. Foo Lok, no complaints, absolutly unbelievably mouthwatering food.

Chippers, man there all the same to me. Macaris is one that stands out in my head, and salvettas in corduff, there batter sausage tray is to die for.

Pizza, PHQ, the pizza hut delivery service. Ever tried there hot cookie dessert? If not do it, it will change ur life:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Thought I'd give Shimla a try last night. Had a look at the takeaway menu, the prices were completely off the wall (expensive), the discount structure was extremely confusing. Left the place without ordering.

Went up to Host and had a grand bit of grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I've just realised that I was charged restaraunt prices for my takeaway.

They need a manager there at all times to keep those <SNIP> waiters in check.:mad:.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

suey71 wrote: »
    I've just realised that I was charged restaraunt prices for my takeaway.

They need a manager there at all times to keep those <SNIP> waiters in check.:mad:.

suey71 it would be better to go back and make a formal complaint rather than publicly accuse someone of theft. It may have been a genuine mistake, or they could indeed have ripped you off. If you dont complain to them it could happen to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 delboy212

there seems to be plenty advice regarding the best indian in dublin 15. But what is the best chipper, there are so many and you cant beat a few chips after a few drinks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

the chipper next to the carpenter pub once served me a pie and chip with some chewed gum included in the bag.. i went back in and asked what the story was to be told that it must have fallen out of MY mouth? never been back since, which is a shame esp when its the only chipper near the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭yenoBAYUB

the chipper next to the carpenter pub once served me a pie and chip with some chewed gum included in the bag.. i went back in and asked what the story was to be told that it must have fallen out of MY mouth? never been back since, which is a shame esp when its the only chipper near the pub.

OMG THATS DISGUSTING.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭peteypop

i got a delievery from hung wun and it was lovely,fair play to the lads out delievering in this weather,i think it will be pizza from pronto tonite as i dont want to head over to dunnes for my shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Got a text from Romayos last nite and decided what the hell, get some grub.

they got my order wrong again last nite. Using them for 2 years and i would say its been wrong 5 times out of maybe 20 orders. Things missing, messings up dressings ect.
    They are fine when you collect but its deliveries i get things missing from.

bigger fool me for going back to them, but i did use macaris a few weeks back and it was lovely food. Ordered from Romayos last night as it was closer and due to road conditions we thought it would get here quicker.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Try Darios instead, always very reliable and the food is better too imo. Apparently they're owned by the same company, along with Macaris and a couple of others in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Cheers Zaph, will try them, whats the garlic sauce like though!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sorry, no idea, not a fan of the stuff myself. As they're owned by the same company it wouldn't surprise me if it's the same as they probably have the same suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DipDab

For chipper id usually go for ginos in blanch village their chicken is A1 i use to love Guilios beside the shanty their cod and chips use to make me drool.Garden house for chinese although its usually 60-70 mins for your oder to arrive oh and if you have no credit on your fone you can order online at Justeatit.ie i think u can pay by card aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

brightkane wrote: »
    Cheers Zaph, will try them, whats the garlic sauce like though!

The garlic sauce in Romayos, Ginos and Macaris in the village and the chipper beside the Carpenter are pretty much the same. The sauce from Guillos in Mulhudart is the nicest though!
    Does any one else love the paddy burgers from Macaris? Its just a burger with all the sauces and trimings off a kebab. Absolute heaven. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

I have to praise Ginseing. It's in the Blanch SC just inside the yellow entrance beside the meteor shop.
    It's 'fast' aisan food and it's very reasonable and delicious. We just has 3 kids meals, noodles and chicken X1 and rice and chickenX2 and 2 drinks price E12. There was enough food for dinner for the 3 of us and leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Just had a shockingly hot "hot and spicy" from Mizzoni there.

Burning the mouth off me!!! Still lovely though...

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Does any one else love the paddy burgers from Macaris? Its just a burger with all the sauces and trimings off a kebab. Absolute heaven. :D

Had my first one as a cure to a roaring hangover, jesus they are damn tasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Gabsdot wrote: »
    I have to praise Ginseing. It's in the Blanch SC just inside the yellow entrance beside the meteor shop.
    It's 'fast' aisan food and it's very reasonable and delicious. We just has 3 kids meals, noodles and chicken X1 and rice and chickenX2 and 2 drinks price E12. There was enough food for dinner for the 3 of us and leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Ginseng are lovely! It takes all my self restraint not to get their food everyday on my lunch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Hahaha me too! Although, it's kind of limited in what they offer. Only about 6 different things, none of which are vegetarian, and then sides of rice/noodles/chips and the usual chicken balls/spring rolls.

Very very tasty though and extremely reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I don't like Macaris next to the carpenter, used to go there for lunch every day, due to school, but they've gotten really bad lately. Friday two weeks I was twenty minutes waiting on a batter sausage and chip at 3:10! Most people aren't out then, so it wasn't queues

I agree with gensing. Difficult because I'm a vegetarian, but there were six of us, so I got bits off everyone, without the meat. If they did a veggie option or two it'd be perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

Salome wrote: »
    Thai Garden. Thai Garden. Thai Garden. Oh my, I want to go there now.

I've eaten in the restaurant and it is gorgeous but never got take out, is it the same quality?? I've heard a few people say that the food as take out is of a much lower standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

ohanloj3 wrote: »
    I've eaten in the restaurant and it is gorgeous but never got take out, is it the same quality?? I've heard a few people say that the food as take out is of a much lower standard!

Really great food, love the stuff:p

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭voojeq

Ravellos on Clonsilla! The best place for ordering food. Try their Taco fries , you'll lov e'm!

I ordered taco few months back and i keep ordering these till now, somebody stop me or i'll go mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

They've both been mentioned here already but I thought I'd throw in my vote for them: Mizzoni for pizza and Hung Wan for Chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 wapnote

Love Ravellos pizza in Clonsilla too.

Or for something a bit different Akasaka japanese food in Castleknock is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

mmm lets see what the taste buds say tonite, cant think what to get ...
    chinese or indian .........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Eatzen in Clonee village is my fave chinese, and Musssoorie (Indian), in Clonee is gorgeous too, and doesnt cost a fortune either .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I don't like Macaris next to the carpenter, used to go there for lunch every day, due to school, but they've gotten really bad lately. Friday two weeks I was twenty minutes waiting on a batter sausage and chip at 3:10! Most people aren't out then, so it wasn't queues

I agree with gensing. Difficult because I'm a vegetarian, but there were six of us, so I got bits off everyone, without the meat. If they did a veggie option or two it'd be perfect.

you are a vegeatarian but you waited twenty minutes for a batter sausage and chips? Has the meat content of sausages gone so low that vegetarians can eat them???:):D

Advertisement