Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your mp3 player helps define who you are and your own taste in music!!!

Options
  • 24-07-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

Well after 4 brilliant years my mp3 player finally died today. I have taken it everywhere I have ever been during that time. It has seen me through some both great and bad times in my life. I want to put this thread together for everyone to talk about their mp3 player and what their taste in music is. Your mp3 player defines you as a person. Putting together your own personal collection of music to take with you everywhere you go is a very personal experience. Anybody else got any thoughts on theirs? Remembering where you were in your life when you first listened to one of your favorite tracks as you were traveling or just chilling out can be a euphoric experience. I am huge metal fan and some of my favorite bands are Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Disturbed, Hammerfall, Dragonforce, Within Temptation and Slayer. I just bought a new mp3 player earlier today and will continue the journey I left off with my previous mp3 player. Anybody else's comments will be greatly appreciated. Any topic can be mentioned at all ranging from make, model and especially your taste in music and why you think it defines who you are. I wanted to put this thread right here because I feel it will be better served here as it involves your music tastes and what your mp3 player means to you. Thank you in advance.

DenMan :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

DenMan wrote: »
    I am huge metal fan

huge-metal-fan.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

My 60gig iPod is on it's last legs and I'm waiting on my new PC to rip the library before it dies. I have an 80gig iPod that I haven't really used yet because it's too much hassle to manage my music library on my on average 500mbs of free space on the lappy. I am pretty proud of the library, music snobs will go through it and be impressed at my tastes which makes it easier to defend the stuff that they wouldn't go for personally.

Many an indie snob has been turned onto hip hop/electronic music by me :D

That and I have about 400 Radiohead songs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I've had my creative zen sleek 20gb for 4 years now and it's still going solid.. I use it when we're havin beers at the house, hook it up to the stereo an have a great selection of tunes on tap.. no sign of it crapping out anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

I honestly think I care more about my 80gig ipod more than my siblings. Not even the ipod itself but more the music. Must back it up again actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

About 4 years ago my portable cd player was stolen from the kip I used to work in. I decided it was time for a change and splashed out well over a weeks wages on a 20GB sony walkman. Seriously, it's one of the best investments I've made that gets constant use. It's a bit bashed and dented at this stage but I will definitely get 2 or 3 more years use out of it (unless it gets nicked of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I thought I'd lost mine a few months back. Was depressed for a week until my mate found it in their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

I know the feeling Kold, between my mobile and my mp3 player I don't know how many times I had resigned myself into knowing I had lost them. Then for some reason they always seem to turn up. Somebody out there must be looking out for me. :)

Advertisement