Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear Bumper replacement- Hyundai Accent 2000

Options
  • 24-07-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I know the people on here are probably the biggest resource in Ireland for motor questions so I am hoping you can help me out.

I have a Hyunday Accent 2000 GLS and I have damaged the rear bumper fairly badly. Some bad damage to the paint work and also some damage to how the bumper connects to the body leaving it unstable.

Anybody have any ideas of the best places to go to look for a replacement. Do I have any other options rather than going to a dealer?

Any help would be much appreciated. I live in Dublin, but I travel for work so I would be willing to listen to any suggestions you may have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

A main dealer will charge more than the car is worth, well at least high hundreds for new bumper and painting. Just ring around the breakers yards, you may even get it in the right colour. you could even search uk breakers via the net, anything but the main dealer really.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yeah, breakers, scrappys etc should return something positive. Cars go smash on the front mostly, so lucky for you, the rears are ususally in good nick.

If you give a location here people might know some places to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

South Dublin but I would be willing to try anywhere around Dublin

Advertisement