Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who has the ultimate set up?

• 24-07-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

So who thinks they have the perfect guns, attatchments, perks and Stratagey?

The reason I ask is because I love the game(I have a PS3) but I can win one game flat out and then be last for the next seven games.
    I dont think I have the right gun set ups etc and I dont have a stratagey.

Do you use different set ups for different maps etc?
    I used to use one set up and it was effective enough but now I use different set ups and its very hit and miss....any advice?

Cheers, john.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

Different setups? lol no! Granted each map has different strats to use, but there is no magic formula or strat that will make you win ever map, you just have to be a good player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

AK 47/74, bandolier, stopping power, deagle.

voila

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DeathMachine

90% of the time, for me its MP5, 3xFrag, UAV Jammer. But then again I usually play Creek the majority of the time these days.

Other 10% between Barrett and AK, with 3xfrag and Iron Lung for sniper, GL and Bandoleer for AK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

skapegoat wrote: »
    So who thinks they have the perfect guns, attatchments, perks and Stratagey?

Perfect gun - AK-47.
    Attatchments - None.
    Perks - Bandolier, Stopping power, Deep impact.
    Strategy - Run around and shoot anything that moves.

Done and done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KamiKazi wrote: »
    AK 47/74, bandolier, stopping power, deagle.

voila
    Holsten wrote:
    Perfect gun - AK-47.
    Attatchments - None.

Done and done.
    I agree with the above posts. I mostly use the AK47 but have started using the AK74 for maps such as Vacant. Don't bother your a$$ with n00bish perks such as Last Stand or Martyrdom. They won't help you become a better player... Just keep playing until your in the top 3 on every map using the same weapon and you'll be good! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Kirijoleth

Holsten wrote: »
    Perfect gun - AK-47.
    Attatchments - None.

Done and done.

Nice strategy

Most of the time I use the MP5 without attachments.

Perks:
    Bandolier - I can fly through ammo especially whenever somebody calls in a helicopter.
    Stopping power - Fewer hits required to take the enemy down.
    Steady Aim - Increases accuracy when shooting from the hip (good for any SMG).

Try this site for a run down of all the perks: http://www.progaming-tips.com/cod4-perks.html

As mentioned by Steffano2002 avoid Last Stand and Martyrdom, a lot of noobs tend to use them for a cheap kill and both are useless while you're alive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm quite partial to an M4 or G36 for assault rifles (red dot on both) with bandolier, sleight of hand and deep impact. This would be my normal "walking around killing boyos" configuration.

When it's "Defend the base" I'll switch to a SAW with Red Dot, RPGs, Slight of Hand and Steady Aim.

I'll also have a sub-machine gun (MP5 or P90) with silencer, 3 Frags, UAV Jammer and Silence for stealthing around (also works great on Wetwork)

Finally, I have an automatic shotgun with grip, sleight of hand and martyr for playing FFAs on Shipment :p

Desert Eagle is my side arm of choice for all concerned.

No sniper setup which is not smething I miss as I don't dig being a sniper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭rollie

and Iron Lung for sniper

dont bother with iron lung even for non-hc games....kit yourself out with the r700 deepimpact and stopping power so you know that the majority of the time you hit someone they'll go down. you just have to be able to hit them with your first shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

RPD + Grip
    Stopping power
    Deep impact

Move slowly and shoot anything that moves. Short controlled bursts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Creature wrote: »
    RPD + Grip
    Stopping power
    Deep impact

Move slowly and shoot anything that moves. Short controlled bursts.

Pretty much the same, you can do more damage to organised groups then with the ak, negate cover and campers as well if used correctly. AK is still a great weapon though. Starting I would use the all the perks but after a while would be wary of perks like 3bynades since they create a over reliance on nades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

m40 with acog
    x3 frag-stopping power and deep impact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭starwidow

p90 silenced 3x frag, uav jammer, and dead silence

i am a ghost :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

IF you are playing Domination or Headquarters, Last Stand is great perk for surviving a extra few seconds and winning the flag. I like using with a smoke grenade, the enemy usually never finds you until it's too late.

Martyrdom is a very annoying perk. I hate playing games where people use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭Cullilingus

Big fan of the MP5, with or without the red dot, depending on what mood im in,

Perks : steady aim, stopping power, and 3 * stun grenades. Dont see why the 3 stun combo isn't more popular, it goes off quicker then a frag, and anyone hit by one is as helpless as a kitten if you can get to their side quick enough.

ofc, this is a pure spray and pray setup, but its effective ;)

Speaking of the ultimate setup what do others players use when it comes to keyboards and mice?

I use the Logitech G15 keyboard and a Razer Lachesis or Logitech MX518 (both great mice). I tend to change the sensitivity of the mouse on the fly when using sniper rifles, lowering the sensitivity seems to give me a bit more accuracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

I use the Saitek Eclipse II keyboard which has backlighting in blue,red and purple and the Logitech G5 using all of the 4.5g weights.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There was a couple of good threads on the Competitive Gaming board about mice and keyboards if anyone fancies reading through that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

5 year old dell stock keyboard and 10 euro argos mouse FTW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I use a Belkin Nostromo SpeedPad n52, best investment ever. Macro's FTW :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

That is one of the strangest looking devices I've ever seen. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Logitech G15 & G7

Adriatic wrote: »
    That is one of the strangest looking devices I've ever seen. :pac:

But very effective, its shaped like your hand and laid out like the left hand part of a keyboard, ie, tab,q,w,e,r on top row of buttons. I've been using it for 2 yrs and find it hard to game without it. You create profiles for each game and then set them to load when you start a game. Argos used to stock them, but not anymore.

I've spoken to a few people who have used the Nostrom SpeedPad (for both fps and MMOs) and they all seemed to love it, I'm surprised I haven't seen or heard more about it.

Looking around the internet I see Belkin have updated it brought out a tournament edition: http://www.belkin.com/pressroom/releases/uploads/10_04_07n52te.html or http://www.n52te.com

Kirijoleth wrote: »
    I've spoken to a few people who have used the Nostrom SpeedPad (for both fps and MMOs) and they all seemed to love it, I'm surprised I haven't seen or heard more about it.

Looking around the internet I see Belkin have updated it brought out a tournament edition: http://www.belkin.com/pressroom/releases/uploads/10_04_07n52te.html or http://www.n52te.com

Read a few reviews of the new one and it's not a patch on the N52, The space button not being spring loaded is the main complaint and that the software is crap, they broke what was working well. Those who upgraded couldn't import older profiles either.

Thanks for the update PogMoThoin, I was thinking of getting the N52te until I read you last post. If anybody else is looking for a review you can start here: http://gear.ign.com/articles/856/856157p1.html

Advertisement