Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clio air bag light on Dash

Options
  • 24-07-2008 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi guys,

The air bag warning light on the dash has come on in my 01 clio along with the service light. They seem to be blinking on and off a fair bit. Any ideas what this might be before I bring it to a mechanic and have to splash the cash.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

same thing happened to my brothers clio, he simply had to get it reset

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

This happens in the Saxo aswell, there are wires under the seat that may be loose. Check em.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

PCros wrote: »
    This happens in the Saxo aswell, there are wires under the seat that may be loose. Check em.

actually think thats what it was, a wire under the seat wa broken and had to be soldered back together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

Some clio's throw up an airbag light when you push the seat back. Dodgy wiring I would assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

The same thing happened in my 01..
    It turned out the car was crashed (bought it off a dodgy dealer who is now out of business) and the airbag activated.. Whoever replaced it, put it back ar*eways and I had to go to the renault stealer to get it sorted. They had to replace the airbag coil (??) or something. It cost me a small fortune anyway..
    I would check the wiring under the seat as this is commonly the cause of this fault, I spent ages reseaching and tried to fix it before forking out.
    I hope you don't have the same problem I did.
    The only reason I got it fixed was because I was doing my driving test and they wouldn't let me sit it with a warning light on the dash. No garage I went to would use their diagnostics to switch the light off.
    I was driving around in it with the SERV light on for a good year!
    The one thing the Renault dealer did say was that they couldn't gaurantee the airbag would activate in an accident unless I had it sorted. Your choice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement