Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Irish Broadband provide newsgroups??

Options
  • 24-07-2008 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    I am an absolute newbie when it comes to downloading through newsgroups, and have been told that before I do anything I should find out if my internet provider provides a newsgroup,either that or pay for one.
    Do IBB provide this or am I wasting my time??:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Google is your friend :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

barnicles wrote: »
    Google is your friend :d

I was waiting for that.
    Trust me I have googled but can't find anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭gerryo

Bros123 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    I am an absolute newbie when it comes to downloading through newsgroups, and have been told that before I do anything I should find out if my internet provider provides a newsgroup,either that or pay for one.
    Do IBB provide this or am I wasting my time??:confused:
    Never seen a mention of it on their site & I very much doubt they do.
    It cost$ quite a bit to provide this type of service & the demand is not really there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

And even if they did, i'm sure they would not carry any binary attachments for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭stanley1

newsleecher + giganews, about €8 for 25gb per month.. superfast and good retention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

stanley1 wrote: »
    newsleecher + giganews, about €8 for 25gb per month.. superfast and good retention.

240 days retention now ;)

Advertisement