Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change of address

Options
  • 24-07-2008 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi all,
    this is my first post but i have been reading for while and have found the posts very informative, so thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and opinions.

I was just wondering if anyone has any any experience with the process of getting a change of address on a firearms cert. i've had a shotgun for about 7 years now and its always been kept in the safe in my parents house. i've got my own house in dublin now although i still spend at a couple of nights a week at my parents house. Can i expect much bother in changing the address? could it be a case of having to make a new application or would just have to inform the firearms officer of the change of address?

there isn't an issue security wise, already have a monitored alarm and a new gun safe. i don't have a problem getting a second safe if necessary.

thanks in advance,
    barry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Hi & welcome, I can offer no advice on query, sorry. Rest assured somone will be along who can though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

i am in the middle of the same process myself and im not getting much joy out of anybody..:mad:
    i have contacted the sgt in my new district, the sgt in my old (current) district and had no joy with either..
    So i rang the CPO for my area and expalined the situation to him, as he will have to inspect due to the calibre and type of firearm being moved...He told me to contact the super via letter or arrange a meeting with him to get it sorted...just waiting to get an alarm fitted to the new gaff before i contact him...hope that helps a bit..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

Mac Tire wrote: »
    i am in the middle of the same process myself and im not getting much joy out of anybody..:mad:
    i have contacted the sgt in my new district, the sgt in my old (current) district and had no joy with either..
    So i rang the CPO for my area and expalined the situation to him, as he will have to inspect due to the calibre and type of firearm being moved...He told me to contact the super via letter or arrange a meeting with him to get it sorted...just waiting to get an alarm fitted to the new gaff before i contact him...hope that helps a bit..;)
    what new mac tir:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

This is a subject that's been brought up before, without any satisfactory conclusions.

It appears to be very much on a case by case (or District by District) basis.

Probably best to approach the FO in the new District and take it from there; it could be merely a paper stamping exercise, or it could be the whole rigmarole of fresh applications, security inspections, etc all over again.
    No-one can say for sure one way or the other.

Advertisement