Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pro level plugins for around 400 euro ?

Options
  • 24-07-2008 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

im working in the box all the time , my setup dont allow me to use outboard sends etc , so im looking for a good suite with

1/ a good eq ( at least 5 bands - the more granular the better )
    2/ good compressor for drums / bass / vocals
    3/ good reverb
    4/ de-esser ( if it badly needed , is it ? )

im using the reapers ones / loads of freeware ones and they are good , but id like some pro level plugins

any suggestions welcome and thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

for the eq and compressor side of things, check out the sonalksis stuff. extraordinarily great quality plugins for the price.

reverb-wise i'd look at things like wizooverb

de-esser - there are loads of them out there but i don't have much experience with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I always use McDSP

Sound Toys look good too. Never use de-essers! though you could just side chain a compressor! Or automate yer EQ. Or use a multiband!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

The Soundtoys bundle is ****ing ace, but I'd hold off on that until you pick up some other plugins.
    URS do great EQs at good prices. Grab an iLok and demo their API, Neve and SSL eqs for 10 days, see which one of those you prefer.
    If you're on pro tools grab all the Massey plugins - they're great at any price, and even better at the $70-90 he charges for them. The compressor is killer, and pretty hard to make sound bad.
    For reverb, demo the Sonnox Reverb and Classic Studio Reverb - both very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Tritone Digital. Pluggo. RNDigital for eq.

Advertisement