Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you do in your spare time?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

But her room is in another house that i have lots of trouble finding... Hmmm maybe i'll just get her drunk.

(i think you and I are just following each other around the LL and the Nocturnal!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Wish i did do more in my spare time but don't have the money or confidence to get out and try new things. I'm hoping to start pilaties when i have money, gonna try some private classes till i build up my confidence first!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Jules wrote: »
    Wish i did do more in my spare time but don't have the money or confidence to get out and try new things. I'm hoping to start pilaties when i have money, gonna try some private classes till i build up my confidence first!

You shouldn't need money or confidence..

hill walking for example..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

hmm.... over the weekend I went out for a good night with friends, then yesterday i hung out in the garden with my bf, read, chatted and then while he cooked a BBQ, i played around on the grass practicing my gymnastics moves. I also might have dislocated my toe though :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

spare time, i have a vauge recollection of having some about 5 years ago and i think went horse riding and played a lot of golf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

July wrote: »
    It has dawned on me that since I recently finished college and become single that I don't 'do' a whole lot with my spare time. I have a lot of it because I'm not working right now but I hope to have a job within the next few weeks so I won't have as much spare time then I guess!

I go to the odd GAA match as a spectator and go to the cinema regularly enough. I visit friends and go to pubs/clubs with them at weekends. I used to play some sports when I was younger but that fizzled out, unfortunately. I go for walks and the odd swim and I've recently started reading for leisure again and am enjoying that. I enjoy going to plays but for some reason (or no reason) I don't seem to go to many.

I like to watch politics and current affairs programmes on television, rather than watching the likes of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives etc (although I watch them sometimes too but don't follow them religiously, as in, I couldn't even say what nights or time they are on).

Although I've listed a good few things there, if someone asked me what my hobbies were, I suppose my answer would be that I don't have any hobbies as such. I'd love to do a cookery course or maybe a creative writing class and I've always wanted to learn how to play guitar. I've always wanted to be able to run (more than 100m at a time) and my loathe for 'joggers' is really due to my secret jealousy of them!
    I'm moving cities soon so I want to seize the opportunity of a 'new life' or a 'new me' or something and need inspiration! (actually maybe I don't reading back over what I've written, I have a few ideas myself already!). Does this qualify as a PI I wonder?!:p

But I'll throw it out there anyway.... Apart from boards.ie:p what do you do in the evening after work or at weekends? Or what would you like to do?

ya know thats pretty much me...
    I dont watch much TV at all but when people ask me what i do be up to in the evenings i honestly dont know what i do be doing, haha.
    I used to go out for a walk for a good hour (Which im starting again from tonight) but i havent done it for a few weeks and i just dunno where time goes in the evening coz i dont really have much to show for it.

ntlbell wrote: »
    You shouldn't need money or confidence..

hill walking for example..:pac:

It is a bit difficult hill walking as i have been told i have degenerative disk disease and am taking meds for my back, so walking to the shop hurts like hell atm, so hills are outta the question, for the moment. Am starting aquarobics tomorrow only cost 7 euro in my local sports complex! Low impact ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

Go on the internet.....

It is a bit difficult hill walking as i have been told i have degenerative disk disease and am taking meds for my back, so walking to the shop hurts like hell atm, so hills are outta the question, for the moment. Am starting aquarobics tomorrow only cost 7 euro in my local sports complex! Low impact ftw!

Sorry to hear that :(

For low impact try making some home brew :D:D

Ah thanks, i will be the first to admit im a total couch spud, and that i need to get off my lazy arse and find some hobbies and get out into the real world! Which i shall be doing... eh tomorrow, Na joking aside i have just been informed i'm too fat to do pilaties! Scratch that off the list so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My "spare" time, which is actually my VALUABLE time is filled with:

Going to the gym
    Cooking things
    Boyfriend
    Movies (either in cinema or at boyfriend's house)
    TV when House is on but it's stopped now :(
    Internet in the evening
    Singing lessons
    Piano lessons
    Practising music
    I've gotten back into reading now too.

Na joking aside i have just been informed i'm too fat to do pilaties! Scratch that off the list so

They have piles who ever it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i don't really do a whole lot in my spare time. i have a pretty hectic job, so when i get home at the end of the day, i like to chill. it's winter now, so it's dark by the time i finish work, will usually chill at the computer, spend some time chattin with my fella, play with myk mouse (pet rodent), and then head to bed... during the summer, i might aim for a puck around after work, or a surf, weather depending. maybe pop in on a mate, chat and chill out.

weekends are more of the same... i have a big jigsaw im slooooooooowly working on, recently bought GTA: San Andreas, so working on that too. after that, surfing, reading, and have an 8 year old i play draughts/chess/checkers with every second week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

I'm terrible - finished exams in June and have spent most of my evenings catching up on soaps.
    Although have started getting into the gardening so doing something productive now!
    I had a notion to paint my own canvasses a while ago and bought all the
    paints and brushes but gave up after a few bad attempts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

FREE TIME!!

join either scouts or guides ladies,

they'll tell you its only an hour a week, but i just spent 2 weeks in slovenia with scouting ireland and on thursday im off to punchestown for our international scout jamboree surrounded by 12000 other people...

rock climbing, cannoing, hill walking, mini golf, a bar, shops, fireworks, the flaws, aslan, and many many more things

I swear to god, if you want to kill your spare time join scouting!!! lol

Spare time

WTF is that
    ?
    Usually spent hanging with the boy, washing or sorting what to wear the next day
    Then maybe trying to see the girlies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Gardening. Cooking. Not rawking Guitar Hero on the PS3. Playing RPGs on mah PC. Reading books. Playing with my cats.

Watching the box is a horrendous waste of free time. If you work full time, try substituting one hour an evening that you'd normally spending channel surfing for an hour's housework. May not sound exciting, but you know what happens?

You get Saturday morning back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭somethingwitty

I like to do it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

It's nice when someone's username is an oxymoron for their posting style, dontcha think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Freetime what freetime i spend all my time on boards.I will get withdrawl symptoms when i go back to work.sob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

In the summer: soccer, running, hiking, rafting, kayaking, pinicing.

In the winter: the gym, snowboarding, fencing, movies.

All year: Martial arts, eating out, cooking, wine tasting. I was addicted to Wii boxing for a short period.

Advertisement