Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carl Cox, Tripod

• 24-07-2008 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Appears to be sold out :( Anyone know if they usually let a few folks in at the door anyway?

Reason I ask, I was on for this all week, only one person I knew was up for it but the money was tight today meaning she wasnt sure she could pull an all nighter and so said we should buy on the night. Nevertheless I have to head to TBMC/Button Factory earlier on and was hoping if she wasnt up for Tripod I could manage to drag along a few friends of friends (Im in for the funky house playing early in the night only, Francois K doesnt sound like my bag at all tbh)

From past experience of Tripod door policy does sold out truly mean sold out? :( Was really looking forward to this. Its what you get when everyone you know is either broke, not into dance or too lazy for anything in town on the slightly expensive side, I get to go to fcuk all :mad:

Having said that was watching a youtube of Van Dyk playing there and the sound seemed god awful low, like it has been the last few times Ive been there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Can i ask why Francois K doesn't soiund like your bag?You seriously need to check his past mixes out,plays across the board,should be a great nite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Ive been trawling through a view youtube vids, hopefully it will be decent (seeing as Im more than likely here all night now) but I dunno none of it overly excites me so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Forza Fat Tony

shane86 wrote: »
    Appears to be sold out :( Anyone know if they usually let a few folks in at the door anyway?

Reason I ask, I was on for this all week, only one person I knew was up for it but the money was tight today meaning she wasnt sure she could pull an all nighter and so said we should buy on the night. Nevertheless I have to head to TBMC/Button Factory earlier on and was hoping if she wasnt up for Tripod I could manage to drag along a few friends of friends (Im in for the funky house playing early in the night only, Francois K doesnt sound like my bag at all tbh)

From past experience of Tripod door policy does sold out truly mean sold out? :( Was really looking forward to this. Its what you get when everyone you know is either broke, not into dance or too lazy for anything in town on the slightly expensive side, I get to go to fcuk all :mad:

Having said that was watching a youtube of Van Dyk playing there and the sound seemed god awful low, like it has been the last few times Ive been there.

Balls, was planning on doing the same-paying at the door that is. I figuered what with the builders holidays, lack of topics on dontstayin and other forums about it, that it'd easily be a pay on your way in job. Best bet is to give Ticketmaster a bell. If it does turn out to be sold out either stand outside tripod looking for a ticket or else head for Simon Patterson and Bryan Kearney in the Vaults, €18 in is quite reasonable.
    As regards the sound in Tripod, I was there for Paul van Dyk and more recently Dave Clarke and the sound was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Id say pick one up from a ticketmaster stand, sure ticketmaster wouldnt be shipping tickets the day of the gig!

Or would you use confirmation or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Fieldog wrote: »
    Id say pick one up from a ticketmaster stand, sure ticketmaster wouldnt be shipping tickets the day of the gig!

Or would you use confirmation or something?

Not sure. They were selling yesterday afternoon which would surely be too late for posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

shane86 wrote: »
    Not sure. They were selling yesterday afternoon which would surely be too late for posting.

I bought mine from a ticketmaster outlet yesterday (thursday in rathmines).

There were still available online but there was no posting option. Box office collection only (I presume that means you get them at tripod itself) :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Shane at that time of night when you look at ticketmaster you cant get tickets for ANY gig, you will defo get tickets at the door. Enjoy the gig mate if you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

How did this go lads any reports?

if it was half as good as Francois K then it would've been superb.:cool:

jonny68 wrote: »
    How did this go lads any reports?

if it was half as good as Francois K then it would've been superb.:cool:

Yeah, he was the business alright, totally destroyed the place.

it was completely sold out, tickets only. biuncer told us that spare tickets were being sold for €100. (don't know how true that really is though)

coxy played a remix of prodigy, your love towards the end of the night. place went nuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

anyone know if this set can be downloaded anywhere?

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    anyone know if this set can be downloaded anywhere?

highly unlikely, its *very* rare to see a set from tripod/redbox flating around the net.

However here is a link to a Carl Cox live set recorded a month or so ago in Russia. From what I remember he played most of these tunes on the night in Dublin.

http://www.newmixes.com/sensation_white_2008-carl_cox-live_at_st_petersburg_russia-sat-06-11-2008.html

highly unlikely, its *very* rare to see a set from tripod/redbox flating around the net.

However here is a link to a Carl Cox live set recorded a month or so ago in Russia. From what I remember he played most of these tunes on the night in Dublin.

http://www.newmixes.com/sensation_white_2008-carl_cox-live_at_st_petersburg_russia-sat-06-11-2008.html

I was just hoping as nick warrens pod gig made it out into the wild :D

ntlbell wrote: »
    I was just hoping as nick warrens pod gig made it out into the wild :D

really, when was the gig? any links?

here

july this year supersi posted it in the set sticky

sasha in tripod here too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

coxy played a remix of prodigy, your love towards the end of the night. place went nuts!

Holy **** I love the sound of this mix of your love, its Jon Rundell right?? Can't wait till it gets released :D

By the way the video is carl cox @ Sofia Bulgaria 2008 not Tripod :)

CTRob wrote: »

Holy **** I love the sound of this mix of your love, its Jon Rundell right?? Can't wait till it gets released :D

Yeah, its a Jon Rundell remix. That track is included in the link to a coxy live set from one of my earlier posts.
    Sounds like he's playing it a bit faster in the live set compared to that youtube clip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭CTRob

Yeah, its a Jon Rundell remix. That track is included in the link to a coxy live set from one of my earlier posts.
    Sounds like he's playing it a bit faster in the live set compared to that youtube clip

I'm heading out to Ibiza on sat for the rest of the summer, hoping to hear coxy drop this track @ Tuesday nights @ Space :cool:
    August 26th look at the line up for my Bday:
    Carl Cox + friends Norman Cook, Francois K & Gilles Peterson :eek::eek::eek: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

CTRob wrote: »
    I'm heading out to Ibiza on sat for the rest of the summer, hoping to hear coxy drop this track @ Tuesday nights @ Space :cool:
    August 26th look at the line up for my Bday:
    Carl Cox + friends Norman Cook, Francois K & Gilles Peterson :eek::eek::eek: :)

Lucky you, I won't get out for my bday.

I'm going in early September and heading to Space too. Sept 2nd - Carl Cox, Fatboy Slim, Fedde Le Grand. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I cannot download the link, both within Firefox or XP. Am desperate to download some Carl Cox MP3 live mixes. Can anyone recommend a good site?
    Cheers

• Advertisement

gebbel wrote: »
    I cannot download the link, both within Firefox or XP. Am desperate to download some Carl Cox MP3 live mixes. Can anyone recommend a good site?
    Cheers

works for me :confused:

scroll down page to under the track listings, right click, save as on the word "download" beside carl cox.

Advertisement