Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Racism

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

No
    I seriously doubt any decent human being would deny a genuine asylum seeker entry into this country, As for all the qaulified folk working here I say fair pay to them........................

Now the ''racist'' side of me, Anyone who comes here th MILK the state can fcuk right off home. Gangsters from London coming over to sell crack can do the same.

What a nice little country we would have if all ''oversees'' folk came to contribute something, then we could easily look after the genuine asylum seeker coming here......................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

They should kick out criminals for a start, we shouldn't have to pay to keep them in prison. Their own country should do it.

People coming into the country to live/work should pass a basic English or Irish test, for their own sakes as well as native English speakers who would get frustrated if they can't communicate, they should at least have BASIC English or Irish if they want to live and work here.

People with previous serious convictions (assault, rape, murder, serious drug problems etc.) should be barred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dinter wrote: »
    It's only since independence that we were able to adopt the policy of isolationism that continued for the following 40 years.

Before that our borders were controlled from Westminster.

Not the question ol buddy, we havent had any significant immigration to this country in modern history until recently regardless of who was controlling the borders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Piste wrote: »
    They should kick out criminals for a start, we shouldn't have to pay to keep them in prison. Their own country should do it.

People coming into the country to live/work should pass a basic English or Irish test, for their own sakes as well as native English speakers who would get frustrated if they can't communicate, they should at least have BASIC English or Irish if they want to live and work here.

People with previous serious convictions (assault, rape, murder, serious drug problems etc.) should be barred.

Piste, I thought foreigners found guilty in (most) other countries have to serve the time in the country they committed the crime. I agree we shouldn't have to pay to keep them in prison, but then you have the likes of that guy who murdered the girl in Limerick and he wanted extradition with a possibility of serving a lesser sentence than here.

I'm not an expert on this in any way, I just think if someone commits a crime in this country they should serve the time here as this is the place they should have abided by the law and if not then you will suffer the consequences as per the law here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

not yet wrote: »
    What a gob****e....

I think you need to sit outside the group and observe how the other children play without resorting to name-calling. Umkay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

jamie9988 wrote: »
    they should be all sent home we are losing are idenitie by all the c**ts coming over. soon we will be called irelandistan
    send them home
    hmmm... Irelandistan?

Ireland and Pakistan?

Right!

Same as SunderIreland? All the Irish being sent away from the UK...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The "Americans" didn't get to decide, they had their throats slit, their women raped and their land stolen by Europeans. The Europeans shiped over large amounts of Africans against their will to work as slaves. Now the Americans and the Africans are oppressed minorities who some misplaced Europeans would like to see thrown out of "their country".

Indeed, they were weak and payed the price, losing their lands and/or freedom in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Its complicated, but I can see Dublin mirroring other major European cities [basically a hodge-podge of races with a white upper-class].

Sitting at a cafe in Dublin yesterday I was approached three times by immigrants asking for money. Three! And I mean the up-in-your-face hassle kind of begging. This is precisely what occurs in other cities where immigration has reached a tipping point...where it is no longer sensible or beneficial. We're on the downturn now so the immigrants filling job argument will be obsolete soon. Yet those that came and stay will just join our pre-existing underclass. I like lefties sometimes, but they seem hopelessly misguided as regards pragmatic issues. It also weakens general solidarity for the less well off and breeds resentment among the indigenous poor. But that being said they are here, and so be it. Might be smart to limit the happy-happy open borders response with the Celtic Tiger though.

scop wrote: »
    Its complicated, but I can see Dublin mirroring other major European cities [basically a hodge-podge of races with a white upper-class].

Sitting at a cafe in Dublin yesterday I was approached three times by immigrants asking for money. Three! And I mean the up-in-your-face hassle kind of begging. This is precisely what occurs in other cities where immigration has reached a tipping point...where it is no longer sensible or beneficial. We're on the downturn now so the immigrants filling job argument will be obsolete soon. Yet those that came and stay will just join our pre-existing underclass. I like lefties sometimes, but they seem hopelessly misguided as regards pragmatic issues. It also weakens general solidarity for the less well off and breeds resentment among the indigenous poor. But that being said they are here, and so be it. Might be smart to limit the happy-happy open borders response with the Celtic Tiger though.

That will tend to sort itself out with migrant workers not coming anymore because it's not worth it. Be interesting to see if there is a sudden drop in asylum cases too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

jamie9988 wrote: »
    they should be all sent home we are losing are idenitie by all the c**ts coming over. soon we will be called irelandistan
    send them home

Obviously you want to keep your identity as an ignorant bigot. I think that if all the foreignors were sent home you'd still find yourself a social outcast for being 'a moron'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MataЯ

No
    Where's the "It Depends" option?

I had to vote yes since it wasn't there.

Some should be kicked out for sure. Or maybe even screened & have their background checked before coming through. A fecking rapist murderer could come from overseas and we wouldn't even know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I hear your a racist now, Father?:)

MataЯ wrote: »
    Where's the "It Depends" option?

I had to vote yes since it wasn't there.

Some should be kicked out for sure. Or maybe even screened & have their background checked before coming through. A fecking rapist murderer could come from overseas and we wouldn't even know it.

Yeah the poll is kind of dumb. Mind you i said no because my answer is no to the question asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No
    Kold wrote: »
    Obviously you want to keep your identity as an ignorant bigot. I think that if all the foreignors were sent home you'd still find yourself a social outcast for being 'a moron'.
    Less of that please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Conor108 wrote: »
    I hear your a racist now, Father?:)

"should we all be racists now Father? " :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Nooooooooo! My husband would have to leave then. He's lived here since he was 6 months old, where would he go if he was sent "home"? And who'd help me with my kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The "Americans" didn't get to decide, they had their throats slit, their women raped and their land stolen by Europeans. The Europeans shiped over large amounts of Africans against their will to work as slaves. Now the Americans and the Africans are oppressed minorities who some misplaced Europeans would like to see thrown out of "their country".
    As did a lot of other civilizations, under the imperialism at the time. Like, as you say, Africans, and vulnerable parts of Asia. Problem is not a lot of people care to think about it historically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ha, I actually came across this. The guy who was saying get all the foreigners out really reminded me of "pissed off white trash redneck conservative" from the South Park episode Goobacks. He was just ranting about "them" coming over taking our jobs and he actually thought he was giving a reasoned argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭barnacle

I am in favour of deporting all Spanish males. The women can stay. There is a post in AH with my reasoning.

Also out with the Turks. The reasoning is personal.

Anyone else can stay, as long as they work and don't sponge/beg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Send them home hmmm. Maybe the Freedom loving United States should send home all of their foreigners, oh they are in a sense.Maybe endorse visas that actually mean something.We have 200,000ish polish here who came to work which is fine.We have other nationalites who come here just to sponge or beg and/or commit crime.We know who they are but are bigoted to mention them.We have no time for 'our' scum why should we have time for other nationalites scum.Irish peeps went all over this planet to work their fookin asses off for generations.Peeps coming here for an easy way out doesn't equate to that and is a reason why not contributing, to 'that' minority should have them removed from Ireland.

Also on a lighter note somehow without 'foreigners' fastfood, i wouldn't be ringing for chinese/indian/thai/italian but ringing an irish chipper for stew ???

Fook that ...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

You forgot about them feckin greeks father, they invented gayness fecking greeks!

Seriously this is not a valid poll, it should be made scientific, like should a certain race be sent home rather than another, make it anonymous and then you'd get results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

mumhaabu wrote: »
    You forgot about them feckin greeks father, they invented gayness fecking greeks!
    in related news the greek Island of Lesbos lost its case against the use of the word Lesbian to describe homosexual women: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7520343.stm :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fredzer

Overheal wrote: »
    in related news the greek Island of Lesbos lost its case against the use of the word Lesbian to describe homosexual women: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7520343.stm :pac:

He's the ugliest Lesbian I've ever seen!:D

Advertisement