Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's ye'r opinion on Dance music?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I've never heard a "Dance" track with decent lyrics. I dont mind electronic music really, some of it is quite good, but only if it doesn't have lyrics.

Also like electronic music mixed with metal, such as Rammstein or Ayreon.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Two excellent songs with great lyrics off the top of my head.

Big deal about lyrics anyway, same in death metal were you cant hear what they are saying but nobody cares because its there to compliment the music.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

They have decent lyrics, better than most stuff you hear. Part of the problem for me is the lack of passion in the singing itself, just seems as if they are singing for the sake of it, as opposed to actually caring about the music.

I'm sure I'm both generalising and being over romantic, and I agree about what you say about lyrics complimenting the music. At the end of the day, to each his own etc etc

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

They have decent lyrics, better than most stuff you hear. Part of the problem for me is the lack of passion in the singing itself, just seems as if they are singing for the sake of it, as opposed to actually caring about the music.

Ah no way hearing them songs live is powerful stuff i tell you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

True. Daft punk live turned my musical tastes on a new tangent altogether. The lyrics dont matter (around the world around the wo-rld) but there is some electronic songs with classic lyrics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I used to listen to a lot of dance music in my teens. These days i dont listen to much of it, and any dance music i listen to would normally be older stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

"Dance" music to me is boy-racer music, music to test their ****ty little sound systems in their ****tly little souped up toyota starlets...its the music you hear, or maybe try NOT to hear, in nightclubs, chipmunk music. It reminds me of those god-awful 90s which wouldve been forgotten altogether if it werent for Nirvana, Oasis, The Verve, Radiohead etc.....As someone said in an earlier post, the term dance music doesnt really apply anymore, its broken off into so many tangents

Electronic music is what I refer to it as. For me it starts with Kraftwerk (who I grew up believing were actually robots), New Order, Depeche Mode and a whole plethora of artists who have taken inspiration from them right up to Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers and even groups like The Rapture and LCD Soundsystem who merge rock with electronic beats. So to sum up,electronic I love, dance is a big no-no

Advertisement