Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheese and freaky dreams

Options
  • 25-07-2008 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

I personally think this is very true. I'm a barman and sometimes after work we'd get a pizza before we head home, but not anymore. The cheese messes with your would-be-happily-slumbering mind!! I don't think it's just mozzarella either. It's happened to me other times (After dinner cheese board a repeat offender)

Anyone else experience this? Anyone know why the hell this happens?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 corrr

Cheese gives many people disturbed sleep/dreams, I don't think that these dreams have any significant meaning, just that you maybe shouldn't eat ANY cheese before bed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

I usually get really visual dreams after cheese. Usually to do with space or the stars. Sometimesie even eat cheese on purpose before i sleep to get trippy dreams. But the other night after trying this i had a dream i was on a battlefield and i wasnt worrying about being shot or anything, i was worried about this spider that was the size of a dinnerplate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

cheese has no effect on me.

many many times ive gorged on a large pizza before bed and had no ill effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Cheese and chocolate give me crazy dreams!! I always eat a little bit before i go to bed cos it jus makes sleep more interesting!

Seriously strange drems though...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

corrr wrote: »
    Cheese gives many people disturbed sleep/dreams, I don't think that these dreams have any significant meaning, just that you maybe shouldn't eat ANY cheese before bed!!

I beg to differ. I think it has something to do with the subconscious mind. Also during the night your body finds it very difficult to break down the cheese, and this can cause stomach aches and rumbles and the chemicals released have been linked to cause sleep disturbances. It has also been linked to repressed/suppressed memories which can enter the conscious mind if the lactose/calcium levels are high enough. The mind's way of penetrating the years of built up barriers. God I am gleefully nerdish. I read that before online, looking at science and psychology journals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yeah, the chemical in the cheese gives off the weird dreams thing .I have to avoid cheese before bedtime to otherwise i know some weird dreraming **** is going to happen in my sleep .

Advertisement