Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fin screws for a bic 7'9??

Options
  • 25-07-2008 1:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

hey dudes,
    relatively new to this surfing business,

long story short,
    i have a new bic 7'9 with fins but no fin screws or fin key!
    i know you can buy a set of spare fins with screws and key for about €40 but all i need is the screws not the fins.
    i've googled a lot and cant turn up anything,
    does anyone know if they are available, online or in surf shops
    bic use this "fin-loc" system which is bic only as far as i can see.
    OR
    does anyone know the type of srcew it is so that i can find a suitable replacement??

cheers, jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

I may just have a set liein around if not i can give you the sise's and get them from a hard wear shop or soemthing similer :)... if that's ok ?

where did you buy the board ? As they come with the board...............

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

They should have come with either the board or the set of fins. Go back to the shop where you bought the board and ask them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

kodute wrote: »
    They should have come with either the board or the set of fins. Go back to the shop where you bought the board and ask them about it.

Yep, fully agree with this. Go back to who you bought if from and let them know the screws were missing, they should have no problem giving you replacements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

yeah bought from kingofwatersports.com
    my dad signed for the box
    it had obviously been thrown around a bit, the fins had punched through the bag containing fins screws and key, screws and key escaped the box. and the board had a ding on it, looked like something heavy was dropped on the box.

i contacted them and they said they'd post them out to me, but i need them by friday at the latest and if there not here on wednesday, i'd like to have a backup plan!!

i guess taking the fin to a hardware shop, they'd find one to fit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Cunning

went to local harware shop MacWeld
    sorted me out, had to hacksaw off the end of the screws to shorten them, but had the right pitch and thread depth, fairly standard stuff, and whats more they gave em to me for free!

• Advertisement
Advertisement