Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the lightest web browser available?

• 25-07-2008 4:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what the lightest, least-memory-consuming web-browser available for windows Vista is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

eskimo wrote: »
    Anybody know what the lightest, least-memory-consuming web-browser available for windows Vista is?
    den_do19.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Yeah I suppose it is like asking who the best Republican US presidential candidate is. But Vista is a RAM monster and I need to control it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,961 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

are you on 1gb of ram? I feel for you.

Theres Opera, or Firefox pretty much. all that i know of. FF3 is a big improvement over 2 in memory consumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i previously used a browser called maxthon 2,

you should look into upgrading your ram, its v easy to do and quite cheap also these days

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Maxthon is pretty good actually. I used that for a wee while.
    How does safari or whatever its called rate?
    That looks pretty but I never used it.
    Like that hot girl in secondary school.
    Wait.
    I went to an all boys secondary school.
    uhoh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Yeah I suppose it is like asking who the best Republican US presidential candidate is. But Vista is a RAM monster and I need to control it!!

remember vista is putting that ram to good use

no point have 2 gigs of ram in a pc and only using 300mb of it like xp used to

vista will spend the first few mins loading every important file into that 2gig so when you click internet explorer it loads in an instant with no drive activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Overheal wrote: »
    are you on 1gb of ram? I feel for you.

No. I'm on 2gb.

So it seems there is no option! Except for Vista to go back in time and decide to be less annoying!

Thanks for all the advice anyway! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

K-Meleon is fairly light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

No. I'm on 2gb.

So it seems there is no option! Except for Vista to go back in time and decide to be less annoying!

Thanks for all the advice anyway! :)

you can disable the [EDIT] superfetch [/EDIT] service in services.msc, this will free up the tons of ram that vista is annoyingly using

but obviously this will make your pc much slower

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sean_K wrote: »
    Haha.. I saw the title and was just gonna post that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Opera, Firefox and Flock... Doesnt get lighter than that unless you want to lose all the menu systems, bookmarks etc...

Advertisement