Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reoccuring dreams of Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Options
  • 25-07-2008 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭

I'm getting reoccurring dreams of 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles a lot recently.

I've always had these types of dreams but they are becoming more vivid and disturbing recently.

For example, last night's episode involved me looking out on Dublin Bay from the Summit at Howth and seeing a British Midland 737 crash into the sea. In the dream I was frantic as I was the only person around and I called 999 and got the usual nonchalant operator asking me if I wanted fire, police or ambulance.

I stuck around to observe various ships and rescue craft come to the place where the 'plane crashed into the sea. As the sun was coming up I looked directly over the wall from where I was watching and saw divers lay out the bodies of dead children directly under me in the adjoining field.

In the same night I also dreamt that I was driving an old CIE double-decker bus, but instead of driving it from the usual driver cabin, I was driving it from the front of the top deck with reduced visibility and dodgy breaks.

I also dreamt that I was in Logon airport in Boston, waiting on a friend to arrive and seeing what looked like a spaceship with the Ryanair livery.

I also constantly dream that I'm driving my car on the M50 and losing control, or that I'm riding a Harley Davidson (mid-life crisis?!) and it's falling to pieces as I go along.

The train dreams normally involve me suddenly realising that I'm on the wrong train and paniking, or getting to a train station needing to be somewhere in a hurry and unable to work out the timetable and/or route map.

I generally wake from such dreams feeling really disturbed, as opposed to other types of dreams that would be more entertaining in nature.

I have my own particular interpretation as to what these dreams signify, but I'd be interested in hearing from others as to what they think it all might mean.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

According to my dream book, dreams about transport vehicles are representitive of the journey through life. Maybe your life is heading in a direction different from the way you want to go?

Advertisement