Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs going/seeking in Wexford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

ezra_ wrote: »
    Their signage is a crime against humanity.

Nice little earner there if someone wanted to case against them.

Why? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Why? :confused:

Point 3 would open them up for a case of discrimination if someone was bothered to take it (and they didn't get the job).

Given the lack of other real requirements, it would be hard for them to defend against if a 'local' candidate got the job over someone who wasn't.

There would be some major bonus points if the 'losing' candidate had a different skin color/ancestry.

See the blow up over John Halligan's interview skills for an idea of how this sort of thing can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Perhaps they are looking for someone to act as a key holder as part of the duties, local residence does not necessarily imply White Irish.

wexfjord wrote: »
    Perhaps they are looking for someone to act as a key holder as part of the duties, local residence does not necessarily imply White Irish.

Doesn't have to be a non-white applicant. Someone from Waterford/wicklow could apply and challenge a rejection.

In short - you can't write that into a job form. It would be treated as similar to 'Men only' etc etc.

Can't see anyone actually going through the hassle to act on this, but it shouldn't be on the job ap form.

In short - you can't write that into a job form. It would be treated as similar to 'Men only' etc etc.

There are numerous jobs that require you to reside within a certain radius for operational reasons. I am merely speculating that their reason may well be for key holding. In that event, they could most certainly defend that ad.

• Advertisement

There are numerous jobs that require you to reside within a certain radius for operational reasons. I am merely speculating that their reason may well be for key holding. In that event, they could most certainly defend that ad.

We can agree to disagree on that one.

We can agree to disagree on that one.

Opinions are good that way.

You've chosen to take a rigid and very literal interpretation of legislation. Rather than get offended by a badly worded ad, I've offered one possible defence.

I'm happy wager you one bag of cans that nobody gets a cent out of any future litigation on this.

I'm happy wager you one bag of cans that nobody gets a cent out of any future litigation on this.

To the WRC we go!!

I've been involved in disputes where things like this become critical. To me it is just unnecessary, when you can have proximity as part of the competitive scoring process and avoid all the aggro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

To the WRC we go!!

I've been involved in disputes where things like this become critical. To me it is just unnecessary, when you can have proximity as part of the competitive scoring process and avoid all the aggro.

I work in HR, this would be considered one of the grounds for discrimination, without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

https://www.innovate.ie/careers/vacancies/account-manager/

Primarily based in the Gorey office, company expanding steadily, nice crowd :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Ruby2Shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

What are the best ways to find employment in Wexford town, I mean best ways to approach businesses/companies? Full time or part time, ideally light types of shop work or something similar for someone with knee problems.

I tried sending letters (lots of them) but only one bothered to reply.

https://www.innovate.ie/about/careers/vacancies/level-2-service-engineer/

Level 2 Service Engineer - based in the Gorey office, with some on-site work at customer sites

Innovate is aiming to double their staff in the next 2 years so there are, and will be, quite a few vacancies available. It's not just one of those pie-in-the-sky "We're adding 50 jobs" that you see most days in the media - they've already added 10 in the last few months and currently have 4 live / real vacancies listed.

Yes, I am biased because yes, I do work here. I've worked at several other similar places, and in my opinion Innovate are up there with the best as employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Gorey Electrical Wholesale looking for a sales assistant: https://wexfordjobs.ie/job/13912190

The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team. Good interpersonal skills and phone manner essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Son returning home from year in Spain soon. What is work situation 're jobs. He will be going back to college so looking for seasonal employment. Is it out there? Which town is best for job hunting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

The Ashdown Park look to have had a whole clear out of their staff.
    They had an ad in the local paper yesterday looking for the following:
    Res Agent
    Receptionist
    Sales Administrator
    Night Porter
    Chef de Partie
    Deli Assistant
    Accommodation assistant
    Food and Beverage assistants

dragonfly! wrote: »
    The Ashdown Park look to have had a whole clear out of their staff.
    They had an ad in the local paper yesterday looking for the following:
    Res Agent
    Receptionist
    Sales Administrator
    Night Porter
    Chef de Partie
    Deli Assistant
    Accommodation assistant
    Food and Beverage assistants

Lol. Why am I not surprised - it was the worst workplace that I've ever endured.

Lol. Why am I not surprised - it was the worst workplace that I've ever endured.

I thought that 10 years ago :D
    Now where I am is worse which I never ever EVER thought could be possible

dragonfly! wrote: »
    I thought that 10 years ago :D
    Now where I am is worse which I never ever EVER thought could be possible

North Korea? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Son returning home from year in Spain soon. What is work situation 're jobs. He will be going back to college so looking for seasonal employment. Is it out there? Which town is best for job hunting?

Summer jobs going in BNY Mellon for school leavers. See irishjobs.ie

• Advertisement

North Korea? :D

wellll there is massive issues with the water. There is barely a drip in the tap the last week. So as you can imagine the shared kitchen is in a state as the dishwasher cant work with the lack of pressure.
    The office is full of flies and 2 of out of the 3 toilets dont flush AT ALL with the other barely flushing at all.
    The carpet is ripped so our chairs are always getting stuck in them / tripping up.
    This has been the case since I started here just under a year ago. :eek:

Goff's Centra are looking for an Assistant Manager: https://wexfordjobs.ie/job/13922366

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Handyman In Wexford

Hi all... One of my first posts. .I am a handyman with over 20 years experience in construction and property maintenance.. Fast Friendly Flexible, Efficient Clean and tidy. Im living in Wexford the last 2 years. I'm trying establish my self in Wexford, covering the north of the county. Fell free to message me.

Kind Regards David.

Book keeper/Accounts/Receptionist for Veterinary Clinic in Enniscorthy:

https://wexfordjobs.ie/job/13964868

Part-Time Accounts Assistant required in Camolin:

https://wexfordjobs.ie/job/13965763

http://pettitts.ie/careers/

Office Manager / Accountant in Wexford town
    Assistant Deli Chargehand in Gorey

Window Fitter (experienced) required for the general Wexford area.

Working as part of a crew.

Must be able to plaster.

May suit self employed person.

https://wexfordjobs.ie/job/13986390/experienced-window-fitter

Discoveryland Creche and Montessori are looking for a Childcare Practitioner in Newlands, Wexford.

Must have a minimum of a relevant level 5 qualification. Level 8 B.A. preferable.

Salary will reflect the professional standards expected of a childcare practitioner.

To apply please visit: https://wexfordjobs.ie/job/13996124/childcare-practitioner

https://www.innovate.ie/about/careers/vacancies/network-engineer/

Level 2 / 3 Network Engineer vacancy primarily working in Gorey.

In what I hope is an interesting move from Innovate, there's €1000 up for grabs for your club or organisation if you recommend someone who gets the job. Win - Win! Your mate gets to work in a great place and your club gets a grand :)

"Who is in your NETWORK?
    Get NETWORKING and secure €1,000 for your club for a successful hire*
    INNOVATE - The IT Solutions People, are currently seeking a Level 2/3 Network Engineer to work as a part of our Gorey based service team.
    If you know someone in your network, who is passionate about network engineering and would like to work with a dynamic and growing IT company, let them know that INNOVATE is hiring. INNOVATE will donate €1,000 to your club or organisation if they are hired*!
    *Any recommendations must include the name of the club or organisation that they are linked to and if the same person is recommended from two organisations, the donation will go to the organisation that the recommendation is received from first."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 vogel

I have a self catering house near Gorey that I'm looking for someone to manage during the summer. It's let Saturday to Saturday, the guests would need to be seen in and out, house turned over and laundry brought to and from laundrette.

Would suit a student or somebody looking for some weekend work, shoot me a pm if you are interested.

Advertisement