Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOI: Stage 1

Options
  • 25-07-2008 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

No, not predictions :)
    Who is heading down to watch some of it on the day?
    I'm posting early because it will involve taking a day off work.

It's on August 27th, which is a Wednesday.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/content/Cycling/Tour+of+Ireland/The+route/Stage+1.htm
    Stepaside
    Enniskerry
    Roundwood
    Annamoe
    Laragh
    Rathdrum
    Avoca
    Woodenbridge
    Aughrim
    Tinahely
    Shillelagh
    Bunclody
    Borris
    Graiguenamanagh
    Inistioge
    Listerlin
    Waterford Quay

tourmap.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'll be in Spain, so you'll have to take a few photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Taking the day off myself, legging it up to Roundwood to catch them there, then belt down the road to see the finish in Waterford. At least thats the plan, I have been asked to Marshall at the finish in Waterford, so if I get roped into that the plan is out the window !

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

God dam it I wanted to watch this but will be in Wales doing a race my self :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm in work but as the route appears to pass the end of the road here (National Mint) reckon I will dodge out for a gawk at the start. May well see the finish in Cork on the Sunday.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I like the way they list all the post offices on the route.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

The official start is at 10:20 from Dublin Docklands, racing start is at the National Mint at 10:44.

Here are some ETA's, might be faster or slower depending on how raced and which way the wind blows:

Enniskerry 10:58
    Roundwood 11:22
    Laragh 11:34
    Rathdrum 11:50
    Woodenbridge 12:06
    Aughrim 12:15
    Tinahely 12:33
    Shillelagh 12:42
    Bunclody 13:05
    Mount Leinster KOM 13:23
    Borris 13:42
    Graiguenamanagh 13:54