Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Challenge Cup Semis Weekend

• 25-07-2008 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

Big weekend in the Challenge cup as Saints take on Leeds and Wakefield play Hull FC in the Semis...Should be a great weekend of top quality rugby league...

Leeds/ Saints just too close to call, but I'm predicting a fantastic game...Can't see past Hull in the second semi....

If you've even got a passing interest in Rugby League, I can't recommend the Saints/Leeds encounter at the weekend enough...and you don't even need Sky...it's all on the Beeb, so no excuses!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Saints were great value at 6/5 for the tournament, basically just backing them to win today.

Wasn't a bad match, not as good as some might've been expecting ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

amacachi wrote: »
    Wasn't a bad match, not as good as some might've been expecting ;)

Why I oughtta......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Please don't hit me, I know it seems now as though it might be satisfying, but the experience won't live up to the expectation. :)

The game just didn't have the non-stop excitement some games have. Some great passages of play but some long lulls in the action too. In all fairness when Leeds scored the two tries in quick succession they probably should've scored 3/4 minutes earlier than they did, who knows what would've happened had they gotten that momentum earlier. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Yeah, really enjoyable game..pity about Burrow getting concussed and hope Toopi's injury ain't as bad as it seems, we've been taking a bit of an injury hit recently (two of our best forwards missing yesterday), and once Toopi went off, apart from Leulueai, we lacked bite up front, and discipline cost us bad. Ellis was way too fired up for 25 minutes or so, but Saints were magnificent...starting to look good for the double...

Advertisement