Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand's odd children's names...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

nesf wrote: »

Seriously though, naming someone 'number 16 bus shelter' should qualify as cruelty to children...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Was reading that on the BBC site yesterday. Madness. Must be a lot of wierdos in New Zealand :D

I couldn't understand how one couple was allowed to name their twins Benson and Hedges and another couple were blocked from using Fish and Chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

The celebs are just as bad....... Shilo Pitt?? Seriously, Pile o ****?

I really think that this is a form of child abuse. You know that the child will be bullied because of this, why would you do that to your own child??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

I know the seriousness of calling newborns poor names but couldn't help laughing out loud....absolutely disgraceful names!!!.....

you have to assume that drink, drugs or both were involved at the time of naming? .....even worse if the parents were sober!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Many of the people naming kids in this fashion would have a limited grasp of the english language, ie they would be recent arrivals from Polynesia and as such would not realise the ridiculous nature of the names.
    I remember reading about some kids in the Pacific Islands being called OMO and another brand of Corned Beef!
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4631303a11.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement