Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sharewatch online dealing

Options
  • 25-07-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

i recently set up an online trading account with sharewatch but every time i tried to check a price or trade online, i was given an error message. after a few phone calls to the i.t. dept the guy said that irish stocks had been removed from the system since the start of july and any deals that i wanted to make would have to be done over the phone, probably at higher commission though i'm not certain. :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

they just told me that BOI had just been taken off because of the volatility .. are u sure its all irish stocks ?

btw I was told the phone transaction would be at online costs

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

it could just be the banking shares, he did mention it was since the credit crunch thing started. if its internet commision its not too bad, very annoying tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Why would market volatility affect trades?

i'm wondering that myself. trading volumes maybe but doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

That's pretty retarted tbh.. I have an online a/c with davys and I can trade away the finest..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

yeah ive noticed issues on the site aswell.
    I wanted to purchase the ISEQ ETF two weeks ago but they said the market maker was refusing to give a price..
    So i rang them up and did the trade over the phone (for the online price)

i'm still not sure if being able to do it over the phone for internet rates is a good thing or a bad thing having never been able to use the internet dealing option!

Advertisement