Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hourly Rate of pay for Pub Work In Dublin City

Options
  • 25-07-2008 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,
    Just wondering what the average hourly rate of pay for pub work in Dublin? I' ve got 3 + years experience working in a busy bar in Limerick city and I'd like to know what rate I should aim for? If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Probably around a tenner an hour depending on the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Well i know in the suburbs the lounge staff only get about 6-7 (8 if lucky) an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Kenjd wrote: »
    Well i know in the suburbs the lounge staff only get about 6-7 (8 if lucky) an hour.

But the minimum wage is 8.65 I was getting 9 per hour in Limerick about 3 years ago. I found working in a restaurant was WAY better paid and better hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 marie-clare

Yeah, restaurant work will of course pay better ( better tips). Downside is the pleasantries that are required. And not forgetting to mention, the awful treatment from chefs. Been there done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Correct, I know someone who was getting €7.65 an hour in a suburban pub, despite being over 18 and experienced, and so were the rest of the staff. The argument being that the tips supplement the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Downside is the pleasantries that are required
    No need to be nice to customers when working in a bar? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Correct, I know someone who was getting €7.65 an hour in a suburban pub, despite being over 18 and experienced, and so were the rest of the staff. The argument being that the tips supplement the rest.
    If that's the argument then it's illegal, tips can't be counted towards wages. OP most full-time bar staff i know of are on e12-15 per hour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Of course it is. Doesn't stop it happening though.

Advertisement