Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some advice

• 25-07-2008 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

salaams to everyone,

i am new to dublin and have yet to make any real friends, i have been here for almost 8 months now, but that's another matter. what i really need help with is finding a wife. yes i want to get married as i feel i'm ready and if i'm honest, maybe just a tad lonely. so, if this is not a good place, can i be pointed in the right direction?

jazakalah gheir

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

There are some Muslim dating sites out there, they are some that do chaperoning as well. I know there are plenty in the UK and what not. Do a little Googling and I am sure you will find something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Salam hiddyboy and welcome to the Islam forum.

You're post is quite off-topic but I guess we'll let you off this one time ;)

If you feel you're ready to get married then that's fine but be careful that it's not just a replacement for your friends. You may find that you don't feel so ready to get married if you make some friends and it wouldn't be fair to either your wife or yourself to get married to someone just to satisfy your feelings of loneliness.

Try meeting some people at your local Mosque. Just be careful you don't get involved with the wrong crowd.

I'm not saying you shouldn't get married! Just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. Of course, the Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) did say that whoever can marry should marry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭uli84

Reading your posts a query came to my mind. What the view of this religion is when it comes to so-called ''fake'' marriages that some Muslim men have. Is it a sin?

Advertisement