Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Tomorrow - few questions

Options
  • 25-07-2008 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have my test tomorrow on tallaght sgs - early i the morning.....anyone have any general tips?nerves starting now!!...

with reversing round the corner - is it ok...if you do happen to end up in the middle of th eroad, to correct your self so that the final result is that you are in close to the kerb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

student07 wrote: »
    I have my test 2mrw on tallaght sgs - early i the morning.....anyone have any general tips?nerves starting now!!...

with reversing round the corner - is it ok...if you do happen to end up in the middle of th eroad, to correct your self so that the final result is that you are in close to the kerb?

Just relax, drive around tonight and treat everything like it was your test. For weeks before my test I drove like i was in my test everey time i was in the car.

Ok with regard to reversing around the corner, it is not a parking test so dont worry about getting close to the kerb. If you are a 3 or 4 feet away from the kerb that is fine just be parallel with the kerb.

Just be very observant in the test. Observation is the key in my eyes. Check your mirrors as much is needed (i know some people who check the mirrors so much they look at the mirrors more than the road in front of them which aint good)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

If you notice you're car is getting further away from the kerb, by all means correct, stopping 4 foot away from the kerb would not be acceptable, although that's probably an extreme example. Just stay calm, and try and remember what your instructor told you. If you wish you can adjust your left wing mirror so you can see the kerb, just be sure to put it back when you're finished.

Advertisement