Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this bike ok for the money?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Never heard of the brand, but looks ok. Would have doubts as to the quality of the wheels though - they don't mention the brand of the rim and I've never heard of Joy Tech hubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

penexpers wrote: »
    Never heard of the brand, but looks ok. Would have doubts as to the quality of the wheels though - they don't mention the brand of the rim and I've never heard of Joy Tech hubs.
    That is common enough on bikes in that price range, entry level Treks etc are just listed as having "alloy rims."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

are the rest of the componants decent apart from the wheels?

is there anything better at this price range for city use?

They look generally good for the price. Shimano flat-bar road-oriented components. It doesn't jump out as the biggest bargain ever though. For the money you could just get something local (Dawes Discovery, Giant CRS, etc., around €349 mark.)

They don't appear to deliver to Ireland either.

What appeals about that bike in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

i liked the appearance of it and the straight handlebars(dont really like the racer position),that was the first thing that struck me anyway
    i had a look locally but didnt see anything in that price range
    it works out at 303 euro and they deliver to northern ireland
    il have a look at the bikes u mentioned
    im just looking somethinng fairly fast for short commmute and flying around the city on short trips dodging thru traffic

• Advertisement

Bikes are cheaper in the UK. If you are in Northern Ireland I would check out the likes of McConvey Cycles- this sort of thing:

http://www.mcconveycycles.com/store/product/7791/GIANT-CRS-4.0-GENTS-XS-/

Advertisement