Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aquarium antics

Options
  • 25-07-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi guys,

So I currently don't have a job and wireless was lost for a few days (The humanity!). So during this turbulent period I took to cleaning out my idol aquarium and start anew.

Now that its all clean and the water is settling it looks very empty. Too empty if you ask me. My Goal is to add some decor but not the usual stuff. (I cut off my divers air supply after a week and it may be wrong to say but now he really sleeps with the fishes)

I have a few ideas ranging from half pipe to a tropical get away or if possible an airport with suspended planes etc

Aquariums are delicate balances of inputs and water changes. I really don't want to put in the wrong thing. Can anyone suggest what materials are safe to get artistic with and put them into my tank ?

Ideas for my fishes get away paradise are more than welcome !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Hi Super_Ted,
    Anything that is neutral, doesn't leech chemicals or doesn't alter your water parameters is suitable. That includes clear glass, terracotta ...
    Anything else like painted/varnished might leech into the water and poison your fish.
    For fear of the latest happening, I would keep to aquarium specific decorations or as mentioned above glass or terracotta.
    Bog wood can also be nice.
    Some plants would definitely be nice. Some of them are quite resilient ! :-)

Hope this helps.
    ValerieR

Advertisement