Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Replacement Key

Options
  • 25-07-2008 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Both my keys on my renault megane are not working. At the moment I am bypassing the immobiliser to get the car going. But it means that I can't use the central locking & immobiliser (tho it does turn on automatically after a while)
    I am resigned to getting at least one new key, and rang renault today and they said it would cost €254 to get a replacement synchronised to the car. Seems a little excessive, and was wondering if there is anywhere else I can get a newly programmed replacement key? Also is €254 a standard charge for replacement keys?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Try 'the lock hospital' in kilmainham just off the south circular road, I have used them before and they are pretty resonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Thanks for that.. called them and they said about €35. I think I can get it to resynch with the immobiliser but to do the central locking I'd have to go back to the garage

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

You can reprogram your keys. Im looking into it myself because my Fob is busted.
    Try here:
    http://www.programyourkeys.com/Site_Map.html
    The Megane isnt there but im guessing its similar story

Or just google program renault megane fob or something. Ya never know, it might just need to be re-synced!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

That figure seems normal for a modern car, my rover cost 211 euros for the key and then 30 minutes labour at the garage to program it to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

thanks for the replies. Think I'm just gonna get 1 new key and keep the one I have for bypassing the immobiliser as a spare

• Advertisement
Advertisement