Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Declare War on er Lidl and Aldi

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Biggins wrote: »
    I like their selection of buns too. I've a sweet tooth.
    Go to Tescos and they are never (in my town anyway) stocked well. They always have a miserable limited number of each in stock that runs out by 11 each day! I know, I've checked.

Same in tesco, roselawn. They're constantly out of stock of stuff and always find your self finding somewhere else to buy half of your stuff. Useless shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Tesco has slowly increased the price of practically every product by between 8 and 50 cent over the last few months, in a time when everyone else is lowering theirs - From a source within the Irish retail industry

They are trying to create the impression that they are getting cheaper when in reality they are jacking up the prices discretely.

They should be boycotted, stick to the the Germans, Superquinn and Dunnes & your local butcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

HungryJoey wrote: »
    Same in tesco, roselawn. They're constantly out of stock of stuff and always find your self finding somewhere else to buy half of your stuff. Useless shower.

The reason any of the Tescos are out of stock is due to the fact 80% of the goods they sell are centrally distrubuted. By this I mean their suppliers send the goods to a huge tesco warehouse who then pass the goods on to each individual store.

I worked as a salesman for 3 years and everythime going into Tesco I used to have to ask the managers where our products where? He told me we never sent any in :rolleyes: And after talking to the goods in guy they were in one of the metal bins out the back. This was regular occurance and on products that actually are good sellers once on the shelf. Its poor management on the part of some managers in Tescos. They leave it up to staff to fill shelves but at times if the staff member cant find it easy they will leave it.

I always find if you can't find something on the shelf I would always ask for it being honest only because I work in that sector. And usually when you ask they go and get some.

Advertisement