Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Packers mull delaying Favre's jersey retirement as shareholders meet

• 25-07-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy acknowledged Thursday that Brett Favre's jersey retirement ceremony might have to be postponed.

The Packers had scheduled a ceremony to retire Favre's jersey in conjunction with the Sept. 8 season opener against Minnesota at Lambeau Field.

I am laughing so hard right now, that I am crying.

But with Favre's retirement up in the air, it appears likely that the Packers might have to put off retiring the three-time MVP's jersey.

"We have not made a decision yet on whether to cancel it," Murphy said, after the Packers' annual shareholders meeting at Lambeau. "But we're coming up to a point where we're going to have to make a decision pretty quickly."

I find it rather ironic that Minnesota would be in attendance of this scheduled event.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

This is all going to end in tears... I knows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Farve given permission to talk with Jets and Bucs.

Source Espn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

He should leave now and end his carrer on a high note, its better to die then fade away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

cant see it happening but my beloved jets with farve,now that would be nice:D

Advertisement