Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering for e-flow may affect your ability to get mortgage approval

• 25-07-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Is that sensationalist enough? Good. :)

I received my eflow account details (standard video account) yesterday and saw their data protection notice.
    Point 1.4 which states
    We may also share information about the way you conduct your account with credit reference agencies.
    In other words, if you accidentally fail to pay a paltry €2/€2.50, then your credit history will tell banks and other lenders that you're a bum. For five years.

Failing to pay a paltry toll isn't exactly like failing to pay a phone bill or a leccy bill (both of which actually *don't* show up on your credit history). For people like me who use the bridge maybe twice a year, forgetting to keep my CC details up-to-date with eflow sounds pretty likely, so it's only when I get a reminder notice in the door and a black mark on my credit history that I'll know to update them. Ridiculous.

Ironically, if you don't bother registering and just ignore any requests to pay the toll, it won't affect your credit history at all.

Typical case of those of us who do the right thing getting shafted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭rekrow

I see eflow have removed the claim (which I think was wrong) that the tag guaranteed you the cheapest toll. The forgot that if you get the tag that if you use it less than once per month the it is actually cheaper not to get the tag as there is a 1 euro pm maintenance fee. I am still unsure whether or not to bother with a tag. According to this Irish Times article the NRA are supposed to be putting together a cost comparision site.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/motors/2008/0709/1215380443695.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you go through the camera, don't pay the fee/fine letter, they'll report you to a credit reference agency anyways...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Jaysus, nobody in Ireland will be able to get a mortgage at all within 2 years of this coming in what with these clowns referring trivial non payments to the ICB :eek: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Jaysus, nobody in Ireland will be able to get a mortgage at all within 2 years of this coming in what with these clowns referring trivial non payments to the ICB :eek: .

It may be the 'reference agencies' - Experian, Equifax - they mean, not the credit bureau.

Advertisement