Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek 1200 2005

Options
  • 25-07-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi. How much do you think that a second hand one of these is worth?? Just curious to see if it would be in my price range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

€500 - €600

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

E@gle. wrote: »
    €500 - €600
    I'd say closer to the €500 than 6. Not a bad bike, carbon fork and Tiagra, but it is three years old now. If condition is bad price could be lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

I had one of them a few yrs ago and to be honest i'd stay away from them if your planning on doing a good bit of cycling. Mine just seemed to fall apart at the seems ! Had to get a rear wheel rebuilt and had parts rusting. Would probably be alright for just the odd spin here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I had a Trek 1000 myself a few years ago (the model down) and it was a lovely bike. I think you must have just had bad luck Zorba, I know lots of people with entry-level Treks and have never heard a bad word about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

ive a Trek 1200 myself and its a fantastic bike ive done a few thousand k's on it without any real problems other than a couple of broken spokes and the bottom bracket went

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

blorg wrote: »
    I had a Trek 1000 myself a few years ago (the model down) and it was a lovely bike. I think you must have just had bad luck Zorba, I know lots of people with entry-level Treks and have never heard a bad word about them.

Yeah think i actually did have bad luck with mine, cos heard of other people who thought they were great bikes. Still it done for a year till i was sure i was gonna keep on cycling at which point i got my current dream machine !

Advertisement