Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your opinion?

Options
  • 25-07-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'll just got a laptop for my b'day! So I'll probably be on Boards 24/7 now!!:D

So I'm wondering who provides the best Mobile Broadband for the Sligo (esp. Ballisadare :-) Area?

Cheers guys! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This may or may not help

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

muffler wrote: »
    This may or may not help
    Linking to searches doesn't work very well as they expire.

I'd stay away from 3's mobile broadband. They've really over sold their service so the speeds can be very slow and sometimes it's unusable. o2 woul probably be the best but given the nature of mobile broadband it could be great in one area and rubbish in the next. I would only recommend using mobile broadband as a last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This may or may not help
    you_fail.jpg

:D

Agree with AC.. mobile BB should be an absolute last resort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'm on 3, and its grand. As long as the dongle yoke is hanging out my open sitting room window, as long as I don't want to use it in my kitchen, and even then sometimes it just disappears.

Oh its cracking upstairs, works really well, but not very suitable if your over 17 and don't want to spend hours holed up in your bedroom everyday.

Anyway I'm in town-ish so probably not relevant to your area.

basquille wrote: »
    you_fail.jpg

:D

Agree with AC.. mobile BB should be an absolute last resort.
    Ah. I see you are into self portraits not to mention another item from your extensive wardrobe being modeled. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

on O2 my self and quality varies, depending on time of day and location, works ok for me in sligo town, speeds vary from around 400kbps to 1.8mb (up to half of the available speed advertised), would not depend on it though, especilly if you were trying to stream something, ie live TV, it will either work, or it wont, again, time of day and location will effect that

the 10gb allowance is very good though, and they have brought their monthly price, for new subscribers, or if you renew your contract

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

irish-stew wrote: »
    10gb allowance is very good though

10 GB?

We're dying here on 30GB!!! (Of course my attempt at downloading the entire Buffy Series did have something of an impact)

Xiney wrote: »
    10 GB?

We're dying here on 30GB!!! (Of course my attempt at downloading the entire Buffy Series did have something of an impact)
    Oooooooooohhhh.. what's this? A moderator advocating downloading of copyrighted series. Tut tut.. yooooooooooooooou're NICKED sunshine! *

Am on Eircom's 30GB allowance and typically exceed it by 10 - 15GB each month! :D

Moving to Smart right now though - 6MB BB with no cap, unlimited local and national calls day or night with line rental included for the same price as Eircom's 2MB (soon becoming 4MB! :rolleyes:), unlimited local calls after 6 and line rental. Shag off Eircon!

PS - have seasons 1 - 4 if you need them!

I'm replacing legally obtained copies that are on an outdated file storage method.*

*this may or may not mean my brain

Moving to Smart right now though - 6MB BB with no cap, unlimited local and national calls day or night with line rental included
    Just outa curiosity what are you paying for that.

• Advertisement

Just outa curiosity what are you paying for that.
    €55.. see Smart 6MB below:

residential_package_matrix.gif

Good value alright. Sadly Smart aren't covering our area.

At the moment I pay €66.95/month for 3mb speed -soon to increase to 7.6, 30GB download cap, All Ireland + UK calls free day or night (1 hour duration) and line rental included.

We were going to switch to Smart when we got to Galway, but those line rental costs are ridiculous.

We've got free line rental etc. with Digiweb, the only downside is the traffic cap. 6MB line is there and everything else.

http://www.digiweb.ie/home/metro/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Eircom's 2MB (soon becoming 4MB! :rolleyes:)

That's actually only 3Mb it'll be upgraded to. I would move to smart but I'm holding out for upc.

That's actually only 3Mb it'll be upgraded to. I would move to smart but I'm holding out for upc.
    What.. what.. what..?! :eek:

I thought everyone was being doubled.. thank feck I'm going to Smart so! :D

What.. what.. what..?! :eek:

I thought everyone was being doubled.. thank feck I'm going to Smart so! :D
    No. 1Mb is staying the same, 2Mb is going to 3Mb, 3Mb is going to 7.6Mb, 4mb is going to 10Mb and 6Mb is going to 12Mb. That's the same for the bitstream resellers as well.

Advertisement