Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Options Main St Portarlington

Options
  • 25-07-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I live behind a shop on the main street here in Portarlington in Co. Laois. As far as I know, our telephone line is received from a "split line". After a number of uncourtious telephone calls with eircom, it was explained to us that we may not recieve broadband since we need a copper line direct to our house. As far as they're concerned, they have provided us with a telephone line and that's that. Our telephone line rus from a pole on the main street allong a wall to a second pole in the shop car park where it then runs along a wall to our house. I doesn't branch to any other building along the way... We are not an eircom customer which mightn't help either.

Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

What other options do we have with regard to getting good, stable broadband? What would you recommend?

At the moment we have a satellite dish which we use to recieve television (RTE, sky etc) and a second dish which provides us with 100Mbps internet. This internet is often very slow. And it disconnects quite alot also. Doesn't seem to like it when it is cloudy either :(

Thanks for your help,

Barry.

Advertisement