Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus adapter cable for radio.

Options
  • 25-07-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a power adapter for the radio in my Focus, as the stock power connections dont mate with the connections for my radio. The radio I have is a Sony CDX-GT300. I bought a new radio surround trim so the radio will fit snugly inside once I get the power sorted. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

any auto factor or halfords will sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I am going to ring Halfords, but I tought someone might know a site that sells audio accessories. I am a cheap skate you see.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

Is the focus Pre-2005? If so I've used this adaptor: http://www.thebassbin.co.uk/product.php?id=2238

Along with this which connects into the above adapter and then plugs into the remote socket in the radio.

Then you can retain your steering wheel controls!

Got mine off ebay so i'm just linking the items above as I found them through google.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Yeah its an '01 thanks Shamo mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

By the way this guy is selling that adapter. Might be the same person I bought mine off actually. You just tell him your make/model of car and radio then he'll include the right patch lead for the sony unit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement