Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Focus Ireland Triathlon onet Sunday (Aug 3rd)

Options
  • 25-07-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Ms Tiny has asked me to put out a call for volunteers to help marshall the Focus Triathlon, taking part in the docklands on the 3rd. Details Here of how to volunteer, and they really do need bodies, so if you're not doing anything else that morning please consider it -it's for a good cause, and there's one or two folk from this forum taking part so you can give em a bit of a cheer too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

im taking part and looking forward to it especially seeing as it is in town.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Was actually meant to be doing this one as part of a team, until our runner decided to go on holidays instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    Was actually meant to be doing this one as part of a team, until our runner decided to go on holidays instead.

So then you'll volunteer to help out? Good man Tonto -now come on lads, it's for a great cause (keeping Ms Tiny happy with me)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »

I might run for ya if you need someone

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

So then you'll volunteer to help out? Good man Tonto -now come on lads, it's for a great cause (keeping Ms Tiny happy with me)

We've got house guests coming from Spain now that weekend, so I might be tied up.
    Raam wrote: »
    I might run for ya if you need someone

A kind offer that I'll have to decline for reasons stated above. Maybe another time if we can find a swimmer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I can swim although not very fast. 1,600m in ~35 mins or so this lunchtime is my best!

blorg wrote: »
    I can swim although not very fast. 1,600m in ~35 mins or so this lunchtime is my best!

And the jigsaw pieces fall into place...

Do they absolutely require a wetsuit for these things? I know it gives you an advantage but I do plenty of open water swimming without one.

yup its compulsory in afraid

And sure while i'm here i might aswell chance my arm :D

Here's my sponsorship page should anyone wish to donate - https://www.focusireland.ie/htm/fundraising/challenges/triathlon/system.php?action=showPage&tid=75

• Advertisement

Have just signed up, it's a good cause too. Better start with the running training so, how difficult can it be, one leg after the other. :D

I'll sponsor you blorg if you do the whole thing in your sandals.

with the distances you cover in swimming and cycling you will be well abe for this blorg. i would imagine you will be finishing well up the pecking order wth your standard of fitness. get some runs in over the weeknd and early next week and you'll be more than fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

Alright folks,

Gotta give a big thanks to anyone who took part and helped out for our duathlon event. Big shame on the swim thing... but what can you do?!? :(

People there were really great. They took the 'swim retraction' really well. and i can't say how much every effort was appreciated.

Also fair play to Ivan who wore the shortest shorts known to man. :cool: WA-HEEY

Cheers,
    Karma / Ms.Tiny / Anais

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mofrazer

Some photos from today's event, Just wondering if anyone can pass on the names in the photos.....thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mofrazer/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Cheers,
    Karma / Ms.Tiny / Anais

Didn't know you were on here! :)

better watch what I write

Advertisement