Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build cmos problem

Options
  • 25-07-2008 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I had to replace most of the main parts of my pc.

I got an MSI P4 M900M3 mATX motherboard bundle that came with a core two duo E4300. I also got 4 gb of Adata DDr2 800 ram, the board runs at 667 but the good fellos at maplin assured me the ram would just run at the slower speed no problem.

When I booted it up the first time it got as far as initializing USB controllers then freezes. The keyboard does nothing even the caps lock light won't come on when I press it. can't enter bios setup.

I tried disconnecting the front panel USBs and restarting but same thing. I reset the cmos using the jumpers and it booted past starting up the usb controllers but stops after that saying,

cmos checksum bad
    cmos date/time not set

I could open up the bios setup at this point. I set the time and date then save and exit. On restart I'm back to square one. I have no usb devices pluged into the computer at this point.

Advertisement