Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 SE

Options
  • 25-07-2008 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Was looking on Carzone at some 2001 Audi A4's. Does anybody here know anything about the SE model? 130 bhp... Whats the spec like on these or how do they differ from other models?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Sorry to turn this into a plug lads but currently have an SE for sale

inside of all SEs had A/c and climate control, leather steering wheel and gearknob, some had the audi sound system which is fantasic think its 12 speakers(mine has this) also some had interior light pack not quite sure what this is but it cost i think 1200 other than that im not aware of much differences
    perhaps 5th alloy and spots but think they all had this http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/TDI-130bhp/1079482/

PM if your intrested price negotiable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

All SE models are UK imports.

They also come with cruise control

think cruise control only became standard in 2002 when the 6 speed box came in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭darrenoneill33

Ya i haven't seen any mention cruise control

Would ye think anything with 120,000 miles plus would be ok?

generally would have to say yes turbo problems do occour round 100K so would check its been done, other minor problems air flow meter watch out for excess turbo lag because the A4 has virtually no lag (by turbo diesel standards) drove one with 185k in england and it was still flying if its well maintained it will keep going as with most diesels

• Advertisement

Ya i haven't seen any mention cruise control

Would ye think anything with 120,000 miles plus would be ok?

Average diesel miles is 25k per annum.Once it's well maintained with full service history with Timing belt & pump done every 60k miles, it should be okay. There's plenty of them out there so take your time and pick the right one.
    Good luck.They are a lovely car to drive!

Moanin wrote: »
    Average diesel miles is 25k per annum.Once it's well maintained with full service history with Timing belt & pump done every 60k miles, it should be okay. There's plenty of them out there so take your time and pick the right one.
    Good luck.They are a lovely car to drive!

Could even be changed a bit more often than 60k like about 45k make sure the waterpump was done somewhere along the line too tends to mess up around 100k can be expensive to put right a good mechanic should do this along with the timing belt anyway

agree with above lovely car to drive im heading on to the new model

Just out of intrest darren you heading for a quattro kit or standard model??

Was checking out a model earlier, 125,000 on the clock. Timing belt done at 116,000. The dealer is an Audi dealer which i would take as a good sign, €10,000. Plus the tax isn't up on it until next year which is another plus

Was checking out a model earlier, 125,000 on the clock. Timing belt done at 116,000. The dealer is an Audi dealer which i would take as a good sign, €10,000. Plus the tax isn't up on it until next year which is another plus

Sounds ok.Any links or pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

With 125k miles on the clock I would look for a service history/maintenance receipts as at that mileage the car may have had or need alot of wear/tear components like timing belt, suspension, etc replaced at this stage. Otherwise you could be looking at potentially large bills to replace these parts.

As it is an SE and outlined already chances are it originally came from the UK, not saying that particular car is dodgy but alot of A4s come across the Irish Sea with adjusted mileage so I would want to see some sort of UK service history. Don't be afraid to ring the UK garage in question either to verify it, they should have a record of it.

Also as the car has over 100k miles haggle hard on the price as generally Irish people tend to run away from anything with high mileage meaning they are harder to sell on.

• Advertisement

Don't have a link or photos sorry.
    Did a cartell check and all seems ok, was imported in 2005 and everything seem to match up and be as it should.

In the middle front display in an A4 i was in today there is

-the radio station which is playing
    -the temp
    - the last column showed 325 mi this decresed as the journey went on

Just wondering what the last reading is? Might be a stupid question but i don't understand it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Miles remaining until you have to refill your fuel tank.

Thanks, thats what i was thinking but then it seemed to go back up to 325 mi at the beginning of the next journey when the engine was switched on?

Advertisement