Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel engine question

Options
  • 25-07-2008 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Looking for a bit of advice on what would be considered high mileage on a diesel engine.
    Specifically looking at the 2.5 l in the older Land Rover Discoveries. I can see that there are say, 2003-2005 models with 80/90K on the clock. Is this a lot for a diesel? Assuming as well that many of these have been used on school runs and the like :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

i wouldnt consider it high milage until it went over 150k on a diesel providing its well maintained not sure on landrovers but oil would really want to be changed every 10-15k depending on the model in a landrover millage up to 200k wouldnt bother me its what diesels are made for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

stretchaq wrote: »
    i wouldnt consider it high milage until it went over 150k on a diesel providing its well maintained not sure on landrovers but oil would really want to be changed every 10-15k depending on the model in a landrover millage up to 200k wouldnt bother me its what diesels are made for

+1

My friend has 1 with 240K miles & he claims the engine isn't even run in yet LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

snowman707 wrote: »
    +1

My friend has 1 with 240K miles & he claims the engine isn't even run in yet LOL

Hehe, diesels will go foever if properly maintained.

had a 320d bmw 1996 with 320k was in the family since 120k never a minute trouble kept it well maintained though thats whats its all about they will go forever then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭blackbox

If only the Disco gearboxes would last as long :D

• Advertisement

blackbox wrote: »
    If only the Disco gearboxes would last as long :D

bad are they??

Advertisement