Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triumph Motorcycles ~ 2009 range

• 25-07-2008 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Have just seen the New 2009 Triumph Range in MCN + this site below, some pretty cool bikes & updates for 2009, not just for commited sports riders, but for for beginners & those of short stature, ladies inc ...

My own fave is the 70s Retro Bonneville SE (great commuter), while this years 'Street Triple' seems to be doing very well in the UK & across Europe in the middle weight Sports Bike stakes, then there is the new 'Thunderbird' 1.6 litre parrallel Twin (not my cup of tea), but the jewel in Triumph's crown still has to be the 2.3 Litre 'Rocket III, saw one in Dublin only last week ~ Wow, what a beast!

Always curious why Triumph's are so rare here? when they are so popular across the UK & the Continent too.

http://inter-bike.blogspot.com/2008/07/triumph-announce-2009-motorcycles.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Not my cup of tea... Apart perhaps from the "Street Triple" and the "675" I find them all ugly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

the Street R sounds good alright, just shame bout the colour imo...

green's the best :D

ABCD0005.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

I had a daytona 675 in red last year. I loved it. Passionately.
    The biggest problem apparantly with Triumph over here is that their main and only agent (with sole supply in the south) is bikeworld.
    When you go to trade in as i found out, people loved the bike, had no doubt it would sell due to its rave reviews, but were worried about how they would provide after sales since most do not like having to source parts through bikeworld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,454 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've a Sprint ST and it's a great bike. The only thing I ever bought in Bikeworld was a pair of brake pads I needed in a hurry. Jack Lilley's do an excellent mail order parts service. I got John in the Italian Centre to do the 12,000 mile service (I'd do most jobs but not a valve check on a bike with shims.)

Actually I'd earlier tried to get Bikeworld to service the bike, and they wouldn't because it wasn't imported through them (was pre-reg by a UK dealer and personally imported by the first owner - but I later discovered the KDI stamps in the service record for the first service :rolleyes: ) they were busy at the time and used this as an excuse. Not good enough when they're the importer and sole official dealer.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

happy to keep bringing mine up north for work if it means I avoid bw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Just came across this pic of the 2009 Scrambler ~ Nice green .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I ride a Triumph Tiger and before it had a Triumph TBS (which is now in the hands of another Irish Rider on a different bike forum). Find Bikeworld okay but like ninja says above, would always looks for parts online first, Jack Lilleys being an excellent example. Overall, find the engines, triples in particular to be sweet in every regard and overall build quality of the bike excellent. Would have no hesitation getting another Triumph in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Sputnik

I'd give my left nut for the sprint or the 675.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭carlosfandango

I ride a Tiger 1050, an old Bonneville & a '97 Thunderbird & I have to say I bloody love them. I'm kinda with ninja900 though & I too get my bits online, although I did get BW to service a previous Tiger that I imported, they weren't too happy about it tho..
    The Tiger is the best bike I've ever owned and Steffano2002 isn't alone in the whole ugly thing, but different folks etc..
    I'd recommend them but would like to see a better dealer back up. Been all around France & Spain a few times on current Tiger & can't wait for the next opportunity..

You are absolutely right about the buying parts online.
    However you are still up the creek when it comes to trade in time.
    I had a sprint 1050 and then a 675 and could not shift them for ages. Never had a prob with the honda, yam or other bikes.
    I would absolutely love a 1050 superbike from triumph, but it would really be a heart over head decision.

• Advertisement

How Triumph have created the Worlds largest ever Motorcycle > "The Rocket III" > enjoy :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

ArthurF wrote: »
    How Triumph have created the Worlds largest ever Motorcycle > "The Rocket III" > enjoy :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEuzxC4eGc

They haven't :rolleyes:

Plenty of others bigger than that.

KTRIC, Maybe you should look (and listen) to the video again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

ArthurF wrote: »
    KTRIC, Maybe you should look (and listen) to the video again :rolleyes:

Nope, not going to happen. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,454 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You are absolutely right about the buying parts online.
    However you are still up the creek when it comes to trade in time.

Trade-in? WTF man?? :eek:

They will have my Sprint ST when they prise it from my cold, dead fingers.

Seriously. This bike is a keeper, trade-in values are irrelevant because I will never willingly part with it. Think Ducati single, only worse. It's a future classic, big time.

Scrap the cap!

I sold my sprint st 1050 to get a daytona 675. I suppose i just fell in love with the look and sound of the 675.
    However when i went to trade in the 675... oh boy was i hit hard on the depreciation.

Looks like they are dumping the 790cc + 865cc twins altogether in 2009 (all 885cc now) replacing the 60s peashooters in favour of the tapered coned 70s Bonnie style, wire wheels gone (exhaust kink too) shame really, as the 790cc seemed to be a really good entry level retro bike - nice commuter too . . .

I hear rumblings of a Tiger Cub single in 2010 (350cc/500?) = interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cc1085

yes it is the worlds largest production motorcycle. others are bigger but they all use car engines

Rocket III + Zard exhaust system = nice :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yMJNezBDzMw&feature=related

Advertisement