Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Ten Current F1 Drivers

• 25-07-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭

What would your top 10 current f1 drivers be?
    Mine would be:

1.Kimi Raikkonen
    2.Fernando Alonso
    3.Lewis Hamilton
    4.Robert Kubica
    5.Felipe Massa
    6.Mark Webber
    7.Nick Heidfeld
    8.Heikki Kovalainen
    9.Sebastien Vettel
    10.Jarno Trulli

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

1. Hamilton
    2.Raikkonen
    3. Alonso
    4. Kubica
    5. Massa
    6. Kovalainan
    7. Heidfeld
    8. Trulli
    9. Fisi
    10.. Piquet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

1. Raikkonen
    2. Alonso
    3. Hamilton
    4. Massa
    5. Kubica
    6. Kovalainan
    7. Heidfeld
    8. Webber
    9. Trulli
    10. Rosberg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I'd put Kubica above Massa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

1.Hamilton
    2.Raikkonen
    3.Alonso
    4.Kubica
    5.Massa
    6.Kovalainen
    7.Heidfeld
    8.Webber
    9.Trulli
    10.Rosberg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

1. Alonso
    2. Hamilton
    3. Raikonnen
    4. Kubica
    5. Massa
    6. Heidfeld
    7. Kovalainen
    8. Vettel
    9. Webber
    10. Rosberg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Don't forget about Ruebens Barrichello. Better than Webber, Rosberg and Trulli imo.
    And there aint no way in hell that young Alonso is a better driver than Mr. Hamilton.

Alonso made a name for himself in a Minardi.
    Hamilton made a name for himself in a McLaren

Alonso made a name for himself in a Minardi.
    Hamilton made a name for himself in a McLaren

Hamilton made his name in GP2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Hamilton made his name in GP2.
    backed by McLaren and gp2 is not F1.
    Alonso has 2 world championships.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    backed by McLaren and gp2 is not F1.
    Alonso has 2 world championships.

In the best car both years. We could go around in circles regarding who is the most talented but I just feel at the moment Hamilton is the better driver.

GP2 is not formula 1 but it is were most driving fans would have come across hamilton first.
    I seen him drive a couple of times in 2006 season and knew straight away he had a good chance of making it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Whose the fastest driver between Alonso and Hamilton is debatable. Who's the best driver is not. Alonso has proven that he has the consistency and mental strength to be a world champion. Hamilton has had some great races and shown that he could potentially be a great driver. Time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

1. Raikkonen
    2. Alonso
    3. Kubica
    4. Hamilton
    5. Heidfeld
    6. Massa
    7. Trulli
    8. Rosberg
    9. Webber
    10. Vettel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

1. Raikkonen (biased)
    2. Hamilton
    3. Alonso
    4. Massa
    5. Kubica
    6. Kovalainen
    7. Heidfeld
    8. Rosberg
    9. Webber
    10. Fisichella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭vectra

In the best car both years. We could go around in circles regarding who is the most talented but I just feel at the moment Hamilton is the better driver.

Wrong
    As you stated about Alonso.. "In the Best Car "
    Where is Lewis now? "In the Best car"

Alonso would swallow Lewis up and spit him out in an instant if the Renault was on par with the McLaren

Right now for my Top 10 Drivers

1. kimi
    2. Kimi
    3. kimi
    4. Kimi
    5. Kimi
    6. Kimi
    7. Kimi
    8. Kimi
    9. Kimi
    10.Kimi :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

HalloweenJack, No Vettel in your top 10 !!!

1) Alonso - I honestly believe that last years McLaren didnt suit his style, same as last years BMW didnt suit Kubica

2) Hamilton - Maybe the fastest driver out there, need to see him pull it together for a season like Alonso did in 2006

3) Kimi - Really cannot be number one at the moment. Very very fast, but way too inconsistent. Massa has out done his lately (ignoring silverstone)

4) Kubica - Deserves a top car now. Heidfield is a great driver and Kubica has outshone his this year. Remember his performaces also retired former world champion JV

5) Vettel - I know he is only starting, and only has one teammate, but he has destroyed champcar legend Bourdais, and remember Bourdais was head and shoulders above anyone else in the states. Webber is a really good driver, but I think this kid may destroy and chance he has/had of ever getting into a top car

6) Webber - Not much between him and Rosberg, but Webber was faster and Williams, so he just about gets it

7) Rosberg - See above. Rosberg could well be faster now

8) Massa - I know. Why do low in the list. I know he is one of the fastest drivers, but he is also the most inconsistant. I believe that the drivers above would bag more points over a season having equal equipment. After all, thats the most important thing !!

9) Button - Solid Performer and fast

10) Trulli - Very very fast over one lap. Has trouble in the race or when the car is not perefect for him

If I was a team owner, this would be my current driver shopping list

vectra wrote: »
    Wrong
    As you stated about Alonso.. "In the Best Car "
    Where is Lewis now? "In the Best car"

Alonso would swallow Lewis up and spit him out in an instant if the Renault was on par with the McLaren

Right now for my Top 10 Drivers

1. kimi
    2. Kimi
    3. kimi
    4. Kimi
    5. Kimi
    6. Kimi
    7. Kimi
    8. Kimi
    9. Kimi
    10.Kimi :D
    Ferrari Fan im guessing.

Two/three years ago Alonso was a better driver but time moves on and alonso has been shown for what he is, a petulant diva also Hamilton has shown a lot of class the last year (alonso being a prick played a part in kimi winning last year)and this year with all the troubles that come with being a British driver.
    In my unbiased (McLaren) opinion he is the best driver this year and when this season finishes he will have what he deserved last year.
    The F1 title

Ferrari Fan im guessing.

No,
    I dont really like Ferrari as a team.
    I do think Kimi is good though.
    Why else was he the one chosen to replace the greatest driver of all time ?
    Two/three years ago Alonso was a better driver but time moves on and alonso has been shown for what he is, a petulant diva also Hamilton has shown a lot of class the last year (alonso being a prick played a part in kimi winning last year)

Now now.
    Kimi won it Fair and square.
    Lok at Massa and Mimi this year. ( Straight fight )
    Hamilton has shown a lot of class the last year and this year with all the troubles that come with being a British driver.
    In my unbiased (McLaren) opinion he is the best driver this year and when this season finishes he will have what he deserved last year.
    The F1 title

If Kimi is as bad as you think then why is he only 5 points behind Lewis ? ( if Lewis is as good as you make him out to be with NO ALONSO to mees it up this year for him. ;)

KIMI WILL RULE 2008 ...!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ferrari Fan im guessing.

Two/three years ago Alonso was a better driver but time moves on and alonso has been shown for what he is, a petulant diva also Hamilton has shown a lot of class the last year (alonso being a prick played a part in kimi winning last year)and this year with all the troubles that come with being a British driver.
    The F1 title

How exactly did Alonso cost Hamilton the title. One example off the top of my head, had Alonso not blocked Hamilton in the pits in Hungary, Alonso probably would've got the title.

vectra wrote:
    KIMI WILL RULE 2008 ...!!! :cool:

You for real? Kimi has been pretty poor this year and has not shown the necessary consistency to be the number 1 ferrari driver and natural successor to Schumacher. Granted, he is reigning champion, but Schumacher would definitely be making more of this years ferrari than Kimi is.

Doesn't even know how to set up his car properly based on recent races:confused:

You for real? Kimi has been pretty poor this year and has not shown the necessary consistency to be the number 1 ferrari driver and natural successor to Schumacher. Granted, he is reigning champion, but Schumacher would definitely be making more of this years ferrari than Kimi is.

Doesn't even know how to set up his car properly based on recent races:confused:

Yes I am for real.
    He is WC aint he?
    He didnt get there just by chance

Yes, If Schu was there this year he would PROBABLY get more out of the car as any F1 follower knows that Ferrari were 500% behind him and were on a mission to do as they did, Thus employing monkeys as driver number 2 ( As Mclaren have done with Heklki ) :rolleyes:

How do you know he doenst know how to set a car up?
    have you been standing in his pits when he was saying stufff like ( Umm...Ahh... I dont know... twiddle something and see if it works )

Kimi is only 5 points behind. Now if he has done that on what you say a car that "IS NOT SET UP"
    Imagine where he would be now if it were?
    Lewis's car is setup to the "T" and he is only 5 points ahead.. Spot the difference in being able to drive??;)

OH.
    And might I add that if Lews had not deliberately chosen kimis car to crash into in Canada then Kimi would be 5 points ahead now. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Straight Flush

It's tough to pick a top ten when it's not easy to compare drivers. All four drivers in the top two teams have shown clear weakness at some stage this season. A year ago I would have put Raikkonen as my number one, but he's having a torrid time at the moment so the Ice Man is a little off my top.

Robert Kubica has been especially impressive this season, outqualfying his experienced team mate Nick Heidfeld 10 times to one and scoring a fantastic maiden win in Montreal. The Pole gets my number one.

1. Robert Kubica
    2. Lewis Hamilton
    3. Felipe Massa
    4. Fernando Alonso
    5. Kimi Raikkonen
    6. Nico Rosberg
    7. Mark Webber
    8. Heikki Kovalainen
    9. Nick Heidfeld
    10. Sebastian Vettel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Ferrari Fan im guessing.

The F1 title

That's absolute muck really. Alonso was a prick and Hamilton showed class? Hamilton showed that he is a prick also. He had the world behind him, the performance displays behind him, Alonso showing himself up, and what does Hamilton do? Instead of keeping his stupid trap shut he bitches like a girl about Alonso, showing that he is on the same level, except that he lives in cranky ass Ron's pocket. Kimi only bothered to try for half a season and beat both. Kimi is the best driver there with the worst attitude. He couldn't be bothered most of the time, that's his problem.
    More than once this season he woke up half way through a race and started putting in the fastest times, regardless of tyre and fuel condition at the time.
    Massa is good only sometimes, and he's the worst driver on the grid in the wet. That's why he doesn't deserve to be on top of anyone's list.
    Hamilton is quick no doubt, but he needs to put that swelled head of his on ice, shut his hole and drive. Because of his smug attitude I can't stand him, so I hope Kimi wins this year, even though he doesn't deserve it on attitude, he does deserve it on talent.
    Vettel is class.

Biro wrote: »
    That's absolute muck really. Alonso was a prick and Hamilton showed class? Hamilton showed that he is a prick also. He had the world behind him, the performance displays behind him, Alonso showing himself up, and what does Hamilton do? Instead of keeping his stupid trap shut he bitches like a girl about Alonso, showing that he is on the same level, except that he lives in cranky ass Ron's pocket. Kimi only bothered to try for half a season and beat both. Kimi is the best driver there with the worst attitude. He couldn't be bothered most of the time, that's his problem.
    More than once this season he woke up half way through a race and started putting in the fastest times, regardless of tyre and fuel condition at the time.
    Massa is good only sometimes, and he's the worst driver on the grid in the wet. That's why he doesn't deserve to be on top of anyone's list.
    Hamilton is quick no doubt, but he needs to put that swelled head of his on ice, shut his hole and drive. Because of his smug attitude I can't stand him, so I hope Kimi wins this year, even though he doesn't deserve it on attitude, he does deserve it on talent.
    Vettel is class.
    Hamilton is not smug!
    He's got inner confidence, but he is an entirely likable amiable sort of bloke.
    And look at his display at silverstone recently. That was masterful driving. Some of his performances this season have given us a glimpse into the kind of talent that this guy actually has.

I am a huge MS fan. I dont reallt have a favourite driver anyone, but let me add something else rather than my top 10 drivers which I have already posted.

1) It was Lewis who started the entire Alonso thing last year by not obeying team orders during qualifing and letting Alonso by. This caused Alonso to respond in a very public way. This is a fact

2) I did think that Alonso was a bitch, just complaining about not getting equal treatment. I was sure this was crap until I read David Coulthards autobiography. He said that he felt the same way towards Mika, and eventually Ron Dennis told him that he had a special place in his heart for Mika, and Mika was his favourite. Again, this isnt my opinion, this is fact. Check out Coulthards book ( It was a 12 hour flight I read it on. Really bored !!!)

3) The reason that Ferrari cannot be as much behind Kimi as they were with MS is that he wont test for them. He hates it. He drives as little as possible and is always dropping hints about retirement. Compare this to Michael who had his who apartment inside the team factory and how much detail he went into with his engineer in debriefs. After his last race, he spent the longest amount of time of all the drivers debriefing his engineer. Why ? Its in his DNA. Kimi is very very fast, but not so fast that he doesnt need to put in the effort in development and testing. No wonder he is having trouble setting up the car. By the way, I like Kimi alot. He is one cool character. F1 needs him. Oh yeah, the person who says that Ferrari only had monkeys as teammates to MS, need I remind you that Massa was his teammate for two years, and MS beat him well over a season and was normally .2 to .3 seconds faster

Vettel is class.
    <<<<<<<<<<<

Your imagination is running riot there chief. Hamilton was a rookie last year, he was in a team with a very talented driver who took offence to being out driven by a rookie.
    If alonso had any class he would have helped him instead of sticking the boot in every chance he got.

Your opinion of Hamilton as a swollen headed mouth is far from the truth and only a Raikkanen / ferrari fan would be bitter enough to imagine such tripe.

We shall see at the end of the season.

thegoth wrote: »
    I am a huge MS fan. I dont reallt have a favourite driver anyone, but let me add something else rather than my top 10 drivers which I have already posted.

1) It was Lewis who started the entire Alonso thing last year by not obeying team orders during qualifing and letting Alonso by. This caused Alonso to respond in a very public way. This is a fact
    2) I did think that Alonso was a bitch, just complaining about not getting equal treatment. I was sure this was crap until I read David Coulthards autobiography. He said that he felt the same way towards Mika, and eventually Ron Dennis told him that he had a special place in his heart for Mika, and Mika was his favourite. Again, this isnt my opinion, this is fact. Check out Coulthards book ( It was a 12 hour flight I read it on. Really bored !!!)

3) The reason that Ferrari cannot be as much behind Kimi as they were with MS is that he wont test for them. He hates it. He drives as little as possible and is always dropping hints about retirement. Compare this to Michael who had his who apartment inside the team factory and how much detail he went into with his engineer in debriefs. After his last race, he spent the longest amount of time of all the drivers debriefing his engineer. Why ? Its in his DNA. Kimi is very very fast, but not so fast that he doesnt need to put in the effort in development and testing. No wonder he is having trouble setting up the car. By the way, I like Kimi alot. He is one cool character. F1 needs him. Oh yeah, the person who says that Ferrari only had monkeys as teammates to MS, need I remind you that Massa was his teammate for two years, and MS beat him well over a season and was normally .2 to .3 seconds faster

Says it all. Everyone and his dog knows scumy was the greatest driver of our generation but he is retired so move on.
    You really think Coultard was in Hakkanins league? He was not favorite because he was only a GOOD driver. Haikkanen had talent so obviously Dennis prefered him because he was a better driver by a country mile.

Do you really believe KIMI has the run of Ferrari? if so you are deluded. If what you said above was true they would be shot of him long ago. There are at least 4 other drivers out there with his talent.

Mika was faster than Couldhard. Agreed. No doubt, but that was not why Ron Dennis liked him more than Coulthard, it was because of the bond they formed after Mikas huge crash in Australia in the early 90's, this is what Coulthard says Dennis told him, so its very likely that Dennis has a place for the boy he has backed since he was 14 and now drives in F1 for him. Thats all I'm saying.

I know Kimi doesnt have the run of Ferrari, but those things have to be earned by hard work. MS had the run of the place as the entire team respected the huge work and effort he put in. Kimi does not do that, so he cannot have the same run of the team for that reason. Like I said, I like Kimi, but thats how I see it.

When I look at all the drivers on the grid, I just think that Alonso is the most complete. Lewis is just as fast, but he does have the odd off weekend, or takes that little but too much out of the car sometimes, but I'd say that will change with time. At the moment I would have Alonso, even though his one weakness is that his default setting is to blame the team in public is the car isnt up to scratch. That will need to change if he becomes a Ferrari driver or the Italian fans will take a contract out on his life !!!

On a seperate but linked thought, wouldnt it be interested if all F1 cars were standardised, like A1GP. Each weekend, a driver gets a different car in order to take into account minor production differences. I know it will never happen, but it would be fun. No more debates like this then !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

but he is an entirely likable amiable sort of bloke.
    Then why do I and every other F1 fan I know think he's a cυnt?

That was me...!! :D

BUT

I was not on my own by stating facts

Eddie Irvine said it.

Rubens Barachello said it..
    How can you say the opposite when you dont have a clue..:o

Face it
    Schumacher was to Ferrari what Hamilton is ro McLaren.. ;)

• Advertisement

On a seperate but linked thought, wouldnt it be interested if all F1 cars were standardised, like A1GP. Each weekend, a driver gets a different car in order to take into account minor production differences. I know it will never happen, but it would be fun. No more debates like this then !!
    Its a nice thought,
    Imagine one race a season with 20 points available and a similiar setup to the A1 and standardised cars (borrow the cars from the sheikh) it would be an awesome event.
    (before my dreams are crushed with reasons for not doin this I do realise that changing from a F1 to an A1 car is like going from motorbike to a scooter) :p
    I would be there in a flash.

Ficus wrote: »
    Rarely have i seen such rubbish on the internet.

Our lovely Motorsport forum is becoming a soccer part deux.

:(

Rarely have i seen such rubbish on the internet.

Comes across as a lot more likeable than you anyway pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Its been a strange kind of season with lots of different points scorers due to weather, wrong setups etc. Its hard to call who is the best at the moment.
    I suppose you could say Kimi coz he is world champion but he seems to be a bit complacent and doesnt always turn up at races. Massa is very quick but can be erratic and drives the crap out of the car. I think Kimi is more of a stylish driver and is struggling with the Ferarri this year whereas Massa seems to be able to handle the constant under/oversteer of the car better.
    Alonso is completely out performing the car and Vettel looks extremely promising. Have to mention Glock who has shown some promise in between some howlers. No doubting Hamilton's ability but can't take to him. Don't know if its ITV and their Lewis Hamilton show, sorry F1 show or if its the guys arrogance. Here's my list....

1. Kimi
    2. Hamilton
    3. Massa
    4. Kubica
    5. Heidfeld
    6. Rosberg
    7. Vettel
    8. Webber
    9. Kovalianen
    10. Glock

I agree that MS was treated the best at Ferrari but that was because he was much faster than his teammates. Look back to his Benetton and Jordan days. He destroyed his teammates

why PAL?, because i dont agree with you??
    I think we have all seen the lewis hamilton road show that is itv for us to form our own opinion of him.

Calm sort of a fella aren't you?

Rarely have I seen such sense on the internet.

• Advertisement

<<<<<<<<<<<

Your imagination is running riot there chief. Hamilton was a rookie last year, he was in a team with a very talented driver who took offence to being out driven by a rookie.
    If alonso had any class he would have helped him instead of sticking the boot in every chance he got.

Your opinion of Hamilton as a swollen headed mouth is far from the truth and only a Raikkanen / ferrari fan would be bitter enough to imagine such tripe.

We shall see at the end of the season.

You seem to have it in for Raikkanen/Ferrari fans. Did they do something to you?
    We shall see nothing at the end of the season. Hamilton will probably win, but it won't prove to you that he is a smug git. He'll smile to the cameras, hug his team mates and his dad, give a lovely interview on how he can't believe it and how things went against him, but how the team were behind him and thanks to them for providing him with a winning car, and all that will be compacted into a brick which you shall swallow, and come back here to teach me a lesson saying "You see? He's so nice!".
    He's a pleb. A rookie mouthing off about a team mate? Alonso was a cry baby, but he should have smacked Hamilton in the mouth! Rookie's should shut up and drive and learn, but Hamilton couldn't restrain his inner personality for too long! He has a rosey garden in McLaren now, so he won't whinge for a while.

. Hamilton will probably win,

I am afraid I have to disagree with you.
    KIMI WILL WIN AGAIN THIS YEAR...!!
    I know.. He told me he was taking it easy just to build up Hamiltons hopes again before "TAKING HIM DOWN TO WHERE HE SHOUD BE" :D

I am afraid I have to disagree with you.
    KIMI WILL WIN AGAIN THIS YEAR...!!
    I know.. He told me he was taking it easy just to build up Hamiltons hopes again before "TAKING HIM DOWN TO WHERE HE SHOUD BE" :D

I hope that does happen, cause I'll dance on my chair and shout "in yer face" at the TV directed to Hamilton if it does! Kimi is fast when he gets his finger out of his ass!
    I still want to see Vettel in a decent car though. I also would like to see Heikki get a bit angry and stop being Lewis's bitch and drive.

sham69 - You dont have Alonso in your top 10. Did you forget him, or do you not think he is not one of the top 10 drivers in F1 ?

• Advertisement

I hope that does happen, cause I'll dance on my chair and shout "in yer face" at the TV directed to Hamilton if it does! Kimi is fast when he gets his finger out of his ass!
    I still want to see Vettel in a decent car though. I also would like to see Heikki get a bit angry and stop being Lewis's bitch and drive.

I would PMSL if I saw you doing that :D

I would PMSL if I saw you doing that :D

Might have to organise a web cam for the last race, just in case! :P

We shall see nothing at the end of the season. Hamilton will probably win, but it won't prove to you that he is a smug git. He'll smile to the cameras, hug his team mates and his dad, give a lovely interview on how he can't believe it and how things went against him, but how the team were behind him and thanks to them for providing him with a winning car, and all that will be compacted into a brick which you shall swallow, and come back here to teach me a lesson saying "You see? He's so nice!".
    He's a pleb. A rookie mouthing off about a team mate? Alonso was a cry baby, but he should have smacked Hamilton in the mouth! Rookie's should shut up and drive and learn, but Hamilton couldn't restrain his inner personality for too long! He has a rosey garden in McLaren now, so he won't whinge for a while.

Your Hamilton fetish is quite disturbing but everyone to their own(are you wet between the legs when you imagine him being assaulted).And this brick you speak of chief! will I have that with gravy?
    You strike me as a violent character so Im glad the interweb is anonymouse (:p)

Your Hamilton fetish is quite disturbing but everyone to their own(are you wet between the legs when you imagine him being assaulted).And this brick you speak of chief! will I have that with gravy?
    You strike me as a violent character so Im glad the interweb is anonymouse (:p)

What's your story? Do you like insulting people? Do you like feeling superior?
    What do you want to hear from us? "Oh meditraitor - you're so wise... teach us to be like you please!". Does that make you happy? If the interweb is getting too much for you then maybe you should turn off your router and go to bed with a nice book.

What's your story? Do you like insulting people? Do you like feeling superior?
    What do you want to hear from us? "Oh meditraitor - you're so wise... teach us to be like you please!". Does that make you happy? If the interweb is getting too much for you then maybe you should turn off your router and go to bed with a nice book.

Sorry if I offended you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

sham69 - You dont have Alonso in your top 10. Did you forget him, or do you not think he is not one of the top 10 drivers in F1 ?

Sorry Goth,
    Yes I forgot him, as I mentioned he has driven the wheels off the renault this year and well deserves his place.
    Sorry webber is going to have to give his place up for Alonso

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

I would suggest that, because there are different strengths for each driver, to figure out the top, we mark them on 1-5 on:

Speed (Ability to drive fast - nothing else)
    Fightback (Ability for comeback through field if something bad happens)
    Consistency (Ability to clock up points and not go off)
    Overtaking (Ability to overtake)
    Toughness (Ability to maintain all attributes and not 'lose interest' due to mental or physical tiredness)

S,F,C,O,T = Total

Alonso, 4,5,4,5,5=23
    Hamilton, 5,5,4,5,5=24
    Massa, 5,3,4,4,3=19
    Raikkonen, 5,5,4,5,3=21
    Kubica, 4,3,4,3,4=18
    Webber, 4,3,4,3,4=18
    Trulli, 4,2,5,3,3=17
    Rosberg, 4,3,3,4,4=18
    Vettel, 4,4,3,3,4=18
    Barrichello, 4,3,4,4,3=18
    Button, 4,3,4,3,4=18
    Fisichella, 3,2,4,2,2=13
    Coulthard, 3,3,3,3,3=15
    Heidfeld, 3,2,4,4,2=15
    Glock, 4,4,2,4,4=18
    Kovalainen, 3,2,4,3,3=15

And I don't like Hamilton btw!

Anyway, think that kind of thing is the best way to determine - but i know we'd all have different factors to score on - and different scores for each driver.

Either way - I'd give Michael Schumacher, 5,5,5,5,5 = 25. After Senna, Prost etc, these guys are all such a yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

10. webber/coulthard
    9. trulli
    8. kovalainen
    7. heidfeld.
    6. button
    5. massa
    4.hamilton
    3. kubica
    2. alonso
    1. raikkonen

in my opinion, raikkonen is the current best f1 driver. going through a bad patch at the moment, but he has frightening speed, is a great overtaker most of the time, and is extremely mentally tough. hes going through a fallow period, but hell get through it. my tip for this years championship. in 2nd, i would say alonso. in a car, relentless is the word. the guy just will not stop pushing. hes quick, aggressive, and so easy to wind up, that thats why hes second to the finn. in third i would place kubica. i tipped this guy to be great while testing in 2006, and has proven himself. much more solid kind of driver, and extremely likeable too. destined for great things. 4th...hamilton. personality wise, not my cup of tea. an arrogant arsehole actually. but were talking about driving. well hes quick. blindingly quick? remains to be seen. prone to mistakes. time is on his side though. but something tells me he is being flattered by being the no.1 driver at mclaren. a position he earned? im not sure. i think kubica in the same car would do an even better job. 5th.. massa. no question about it, my estimation of massas stock has risen considerably after the last race, but...one race does not a driver make. more races like that though, and there is no reason why massa could not be up with alonso and raikkonen. quick, but seems to need the race to be like an extended practise session for things to be right for him. mental strength is also questionable. 6th.. button. a likeable guy whos loyalty to honda since 2005 has to be commended. he set his mind to it and hasnt tried escaping and i hope he gets some reward. a fast driver, seems to have good racecraft, and just needs to rediscover some spark. 7. heidfeld. generally seems to make things work out on raceday. overshadowed by kubica, but heidfeld is solid and quick. 8. kovalainen. hes getting there. not sure about this guy. he seems to have settled into being no.2 at mclaren, and i really dont think hes that much inferior that he needs to do so. a tough read, but im going to look at the results, rather than the possible reasons behind them, and say hes inferior to hamilton by a good distance. 9. trulli. consistent enough. quick enough. not really much more to say about him tbh. 10. webber/coulthard. if you could combine the two, youd have a great driver. webbers the better qualifier, dc the better racer. if dc started from where webber starts, youd have BMW-esque results. DC gets involved in needless accidents with drivers he shouldnt be around, due to his lack of qualifying prowess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

1. Raikkonen
    2. Webber
    3. Kubica
    4. Hamilton
    5. Alonso
    6. Barrichello(cos I want his babies)
    7. Massa
    8. Kovalainen
    9. Trulli
    10. Heidfeld

Kimi's my number one because he's the most consistent and so bloody laid back he needs a jack to stand up... Webber's up there because of the great drives he's having in a ****e car..same goes for alonso(even though he is a whiney so and so)..Barrichello beacuse he's Rubens. simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't really care who's the best I'm just happy there is at least 10 drivers that can race eachother. The last few years have been terrible for F1, it's about time we've had a field of drivers and cars rather than a fight between 2 or 3 people which is over by the 1st lap.

I don't get why people don't like Hamilton (I don't follow behind the scenes stuff too much though I just watch the races), the fact is he's very good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement