Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding e220

Options
  • 25-07-2008 3:37pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if anyone could help me in port forwarding on a huwaei e220.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That's the mobile "broadband" modem, isn't it? You'd want a router to do port forwarding to the best of my knowledge.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Cheers think I will hold on till eircom enable my exchange. Shouldn't take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Here's a router for the E220. Checked the manual and it says it supports port-forwarding. Wouldn't like to have you waiting for eircom until you've seen a few centuries :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Ha ha true going from 6mb connection to "this" has been quite tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

The device is a Modem. No port forwarding required.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Gavinman

I'm a vodafone ireland customer and am using the Dovado router which I plug my e220 into. It works like a champ for outbound connections. I can share my broadband connection across 3 different PCs/laptops.

But if you're talking about port forwarding, then I'm guessing you're trying to map an inbound connection to a particular PC or device in your home network??

I have not been able to achieve this (in my case to have a temporary FTP server on a PC) because it seems like Vodafone is blocking every port for inbound connections. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

Advertisement