Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tallaght to Central Park Leopardstown?

• 25-07-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,

Are there any links in public transportation that will get me from Tallaght to Central Park, Leopardstown ?! At 7 am?!

I think there is a 75 bus that leaves at 610? This early, there is minimal traffic, and less frequent stops what are the chances it could get there within 50 minutes?!

Perhaps there is a better alternative?? I will also need to be there at 7 am on occasional Sundays, but im guessing there is 0 chance getting there with public transportation on Sundays
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

I think there is a 75 bus that leaves at 610? This early, there is minimal traffic, and less frequent stops what are the chances it could get there within 50 minutes?!

75 will leave you beside Sandyford Industrial Est.

From there it is about a 10-15 minute walk to Central Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

chris1982 wrote: »
    Hi,

Are there any links in public transportation that will get me from Tallaght to Central Park, Leopardstown ?! At 7 am?!

Perhaps there is a better alternative?? I will also need to be there at 7 am on occasional Sundays, but im guessing there is 0 chance getting there with public transportation on Sundays
    Thanks for your help

The 06:10 route 75 would get you to the Upper Kilmacud Road for about 06:50 which is cutting it a bit tight.

Other than that your options are:
    Get an 05:30 LUAS from Tallaght to Dublin City Centre and then walk to St. Stephen's Green and get a Green Line LUAS out to Sandyford.

Early buses to the city are:
    77 (05:30/05:55)

Sundays - Not a hope. First bus is 08:03 on the 49 ex-Westbrook, and LUAS only starts at 07:00.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chris1982

So if i take the 77 to City Centre at 530 am approx how long will it take me to get to the city and which stop would i get off at to be closest to the Green Line tram?:confused:

thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

chris1982 wrote: »
    So if i take the 77 to City Centre at 530 am approx how long will it take me to get to the city and which stop would i get off at to be closest to the Green Line tram?:confused:

thx

At that time 30-40 minutes. Get off at St Patricks Cathedral and walk across by Kevin Street/Cuffe Street to St. Stephens Green (about 10-15 minutes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chris1982

Thanks KC i think the 77 would be the best option..Although i will take a day this week and try to see how the 610 am 75 bus will run. It will be tight, with 50 minutes, but maybe that early it could work out with less stops that early..Specifically im trying to get close to Bewleys Hotel in Leopardstown...Thanks again for all your help

• Advertisement
Advertisement