Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

getting a license amended

Options
  • 25-07-2008 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭

Hi

When i initially got my license I had on it that I needed glasses...now i dont. Seeing as my licensing authority are unable to receive calls (all i get is an automated answer..i leave a message but get no call back from them) to answer questions, can I ask the people of boards what i need to do to get my license updated?

What form must i fill out & send to motor tax office?
    What documents must i send (i have an eyesight report)
    What fee is payable?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

In my experience, it seems to vary depending on who is at the counter. Some will insist on a new application form with new photos while others just use the original photos. There is usually no charge for amending a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

do it quick as the eyesight report only lasts a week (i think could be a month)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

ec18 wrote: »
    do it quick as the eyesight report only lasts a week (i think could be a month)
    I thought it was valid for 2 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

it could be but i can't remember the exact one but i had to go get a new one when i went to apply for my learners permit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

macroman wrote: »
    I thought it was valid for 2 months...

its valid for 1 month.

Still no word from the local motor tax office....its not feasible for me to even call in as I would in Dublin and its in Naas.....bloody civil servants:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement